Wide-Input, 4.5A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger w/ NVDC Power Path and USB OTG Eval Board
The EV2731-QC-00A is an evaluation board for designed to demonstrate the capabilities of the MP2731. The MP2731 is a wide-input, 4.5A, highly integrated switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management suitable for portable applications including tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones.
Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allows the device to be flexibly controlled.
The EV2731-QC-00A supports up to 16V input sources, including standard USB host ports and high-voltage wall adapters with fast-charge capability. The EV2731-QC-00A supports USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V with 3.0A.
- 3.7V to 16V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High Efficiency 1.35MHz 4.5A Buck Charger
- Programmable D+/D- for Flexible Fast Charge Protocol Support
- Adjustable Minimum Input Voltage Regulation for MPPT
- USB OTG with 4.8V to 5.5V Adjustable Output, Selectable 1.35MHz Boost Converter, Up to 3.0A Output
- Up to 9A Battery Discharge Current
- Integrated ADC for Monitoring VIN, IIN, VBATT, IBATT, VSYS, and Battery Temperature
- Narrow Voltage DC (NVDC) Power Path Management
- Instant-On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Full DISC Control to Support Shipping Mode and System Restart
- High Accuracy:
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±5% Charge Current Regulation
- ±5% Input Current Regulation
- ±2% Output Regulation in Boost Mode
- Safety Features:
- Programmable JEITA for Battery Temp Protection
- Battery Charging Safety Timer
- Thermal Regulation and Shutdown
- Input/System Over-Voltage Protection
- Supports Temp Protection in Battery Side
- Charging Operation Indicator
Single Cell 4.5A Fast Charger with NVDC Power Path, OTG, and Integrated ADC
The MP2731 is a 4.5A highly-integrated switching-mode battery charge management device for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery. This device with NVDC system power path management is suitable for a variety of applications such as smartphone, tablets, wireless cameras and other portable devices. Its low impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allow the device to be flexibly controlled.
The MP2731 supports a wide range of input sources, including standardUSBhost port and higher power wall adapter with fast charge capability. The MP2731 provides USB input type detection via DP/DM pins.
The MP2731 supportsUSBOn-The-Go operation by supplying 5V on input bus with output current limit up to 3.0A.
The MP2731 initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It automatically detects battery voltage and charges battery in different stages. The charger automatically terminates when battery charged fully is detected. When the fully battery drops below recharge threshold, the charger automatically starts another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring and overvoltage/over current protections. When any fault occurs, the charger asserts an INT to host. The device provides BATFET disable control to enter ship mode and system reset function via DISC pin.
The MP2731 is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
The EVKT-MP2731 is an evaluation kit for the MP2731, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB-OTG functionality.
The EVKT-MP2731 is an evaluation kit for the MP2731, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB-OTG functionality. Its layout accommodates most common capacitors. The default function of this board is preset for charger mode, and the full-charge voltage is preset to 4.2V for a single-cell Li-ion battery.
￥8,148.75 + tax
通信インターフェースデバイスUSB to I2C / PMBusは、製品評価キットに含まれていますが、個別に購入することもできます。
The EVKT-USBI2C-02は製品評価キットに含まれていますが、別途購入することもできます。 EVKT-USBI2C-02は、USBからI2CまたはUSBからPMBusの通信インターフェースを提供します。 MPS I2CおよびPMBus製品、Virtual Bench Pro、およびI2C GUIツールで動作するように設計されています。 USBドライバーは自動的にインストールされるか、直接ダウンロードされます。
- USBからI2Cへの通信デバイスインターフェイス 1つ
￥2,716.25 + tax