4.5A I2C Controlled SW CHARGER With NVDC Power Path and USB OTG EV Board
The EV2629-QC-00A is an evaluation board for the MP2629, a 4.5A, highly integrated, switching-mode battery charger IC for singlecell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management suitable for different portable applications, such as tablets, MID, and smart phones. Its low impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allows the device to be controlled flexibly.
EV2629 supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host port and wall adapter with fast charge capability.
EV2629 supports USB On-The-Go operation by supplying 5V with 3.0A.
- 3.7V to 5.5V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High Efficiency 4.5A 1.5MHz Buck Charger
- Reduced Fast Charge Time with Battery Path Impedance Compensation
- Programmable D+/D- for Flexible Fast Charge Protocol Support
- Adjustable Minimum Input Voltage Regulation for Maximum Power Point Tracking
- USB On-the-Go (OTG) with Adjustable Output from 4.8V to 5.5V
- Selectable 1.5-MHz Boost Converter
- Up to 3.0A Output
- USB Type-C and PD Compatible
- Low IQ Boost for USB Type-C Audio
- Up to 9A Battery Discharge Current
- Monitoring Input Voltage, Input Current, Battery Voltage, Charge Current, System Voltage and Battery Temperature
- Narrow System Bus Voltage Power Path Management
- Instant on works with no battery or deeply discharged battery
- Ideal diode operation in battery supplemental mode
- I 2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Full DISC Control to Support Shipping Mode and System Restart
- High Accuracy
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- o ±5% Charge Current Regulation
- o ±5% Input Current Regulation
- o ±2% Output Regulation in Boost Mode
- Programmable JEITA for Battery Temperature Protection
- Battery Charging Safety Timer
- USB PD Safe Sink Compatible
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Input/System Overvoltage Protection
- Support Temperature Protection in Battery Side
- Charging Operation Indicator
4.5A I2C Controlled Buck Charger with NVDC Power Path and USB OTG
The MP2629 is a 4.5A highly-integrated switching-mode battery charge management device for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery. This device with NVDC system power path management is suitable for a variety of applications such as smartphone, tablets, wireless cameras and other portable devices. Its low impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allow the device to be flexibly controlled.
The MP2629 supports 5V input sources, including standardUSBhost port, USB charging port and USB compliant wall adapter. The MP2629 provides USB input type detection via DP/DM pins.
The MP2629 supportsUSBOn-The-Go operation by supplying 5V on input bus with output current limit up to 3.0A.
The MP2629 initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It automatically detects battery voltage and charges battery in different stages. The charger automatically terminates when battery charged fully is detected. When the fully battery drops below recharge threshold, the charger automatically starts another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring and overvoltage/over current protections. When any fault occurs, the charger asserts an INT to host. The device provides BATFET disable control to enter ship mode and system reset function via DISC pin.
The MP2629 is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
- Small 3.5mmx3.5mm solution size
- High efficiency: Over 94% efficiency at 2A charge current, 92.5% efficiency at 3A charge current
- Advanced safety features including JEITA NTC Monitoring, Safety & Watchdog Timers, Input & Output OCP/OVP, Thermal Regulation
- Integrated ADC for VIN, IIN, VBATT, VSYS, ICHG, and TNTC