Single String, 38V Vout Boost LED Driver with Current Source
The MP3370 is a fixed-frequency boost converter with current source. It is ideal for medium-to-high current boost LED driver applications.
The MP3370 regulates the output voltage up to 38V to drive more LEDs with an integrated 100mΩ/50V low-side MOSFET. The peak current-mode regulation and external compensation components allow the MP3370 control loop to be optimized over a wide variety of input voltage, output voltage, and load current applications. The internal soft-start, cycle-by-cycle current limiting and input under voltage lockout prevent overstressing or damage to sensitive external circuitry at start-up and fault conditions.
The MP3370 supports PWM dimming and analog dimming for flexible dimming applications.
The MP3370 is available in the thermally enhanced SOIC8-EP package with exposed pad.
- Input Range of 3.5V to 36V
- More than 3A Peak Current Limit
- Internal 100mΩ 50V Power Switch
- Analog/PWM Dimming
- High Efficiency
- Under-Voltage Lockout Protection
- LED Open/Short Protection
- Inductor/Diode Short Protection
- 43.5V Over-Voltage Protection
- Soft-Start Operation
- Thermal Shutdown
- SOIC8-EP Package
- Isw Limit (A)3
- Ishutdown (µA)0.5
- Vin (min) (V)3.5
- Vin (max) (V)36
- fsw (min) (kHz)350
- Ichannel (max) (A)0.9
- LEDx ABS Voltage (V)50
- fsw (max) (kHz)450
- Vout (max) (V)38
- Rds(on) (mΩ)100
- Power MOSFETIntegrated
- Dimming (Output)P-Dim, A-Dim
- Iq (mA)3
- Typical LCD Screen SizesSmall (<10"), Medium (10"-29")