6 Channels, Max.150mA/Ch Boost WLED Driver With 15000:1 Dim Ratio and I2C
The MP3367 is a step-up converter with 6-channel current sources. It is designed for driving the white LED arrays as backlighting of middle or small size LCD panel.
The MP3367 uses peak-current mode as its PWM control architecture to regulate the boost converter. 6 channel current sources are applied into the LED cathode to adjust the LED brightness. It regulates the current in each LED string to the value set by an external current-setting resistor, with 2.5% current regulation accuracy between strings.
MP3367 employs a low on-resistor MOSFET and a low headroom voltage design to get the higher efficiency. It has standard I2C digital interface for easy use. The switching frequency can be programmed by a resistor, I2C interface or external clock.
MP3367 provides analog/PWM/mix dimming mode with PWM input. Dimming mode can be selected by I2C interface or MIX/AD pin. It also has the phase shift function to eliminate the noise when PWM dimming.
Rich protections are designed to guarantee safety operation. The protection modes include OCP (over-current protection), OVP (over-voltage protection), OTP (over-temperature protection), LED short and open protection. Besides the LED current decreases automatically at higher temperature.
The MP3367 is available in QFN24-4mmX4mm and TSSOP28-EP package.
- 3.5V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- 6 Channels with Max. 150mA per Channel
- Internal 100mΩ, 50V MOSFET
- Programmable Up to 2.2MHz Fsw
- External Sync SW Function
- Multi-Dimming Operation Mode thru PWM input Including:
- Direct PWM Dimming
- Analog Dimming
- Mix Dimming with 25%/12.5% transfer point
- 15000:1 Dim Ratio in PWM Dim at Fpwm≤200Hz
- 200:1 Dim Ratio at Analog Dim thru PWM Dim Signal Input.
- Excellent EMI Performance, Frequency Spread Spectrum
- I2C Interface
- Phase Shift Function for PWM Dimming
- 2.5% Current Matching
- Cycle by Cycle Current Limit
- Disconnect Vout from Vin
- LED Current Auto Decrement at High Temperature
- LED Short/Open, OTP, OCP, Inductor Short Protection
- Programmable LED Short Threshold
- Programmable OVP Threshold
- Fault Indicator Signal Output
- QFN24-4mmX4mm and TSSOP28-EP Package
- Isw Limit (A)3
- Ishutdown (µA)1
- Vin (min) (V)3.5
- Vin (max) (V)36
- fsw (min) (kHz)200
- Ichannel (max) (A)0.15
- LEDx ABS Voltage (V)50
- fsw (max) (kHz)2200
- Vout (max) (V)45
- Vfb (V)0.4
- Rds(on) (mΩ)100
- PackageQFN-24 (4x4), TSSOP28 EP
- Power MOSFETIntegrated
- Dimming (Output)P-Dim, A-Dim, Mix-Dim
- Typical LCD Screen SizesSmall (<10"), Medium (10"-17")
- Other FeaturesHigh Dimming Ratio, I2C, Prog.LED Short Threshold, Prog.OVP Threshold