2-Cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer Switching Charger Compatible with 5V Input and Integrated, Bidirectional Charge/Discharge with Cell Balance
The MP2639C is a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode, battery-charging management device for 2-cell series Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries used in a wide range of portable applications.
The MP2639C is able to charge a 2-cell battery from a 5V adapter or USB input. The MP2639C can work in three modes: charge mode, discharge mode, and sleep mode.
In 2-cell applications, the 5V input charges the 2-cell battery via the MP2639C operating in step-up mode. When the 5V input is absent, the 2-cell battery voltage is discharged to the 5V output via the MP2639C working in step-down mode.
For the charging function, the MP2639C detects the battery voltage automatically and charges the battery in three phases: trickle current, constant current, and constant voltage. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2639C limits the die temperature to a preset value of 120°C. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery over-voltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
The MP2639C is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- 4.0V to 5.75V Input Voltage Range
- Charge 2-Cell Batteries with 5V Input
- USB-Compliant Charger
- Integrates Input Current-Based and Input Voltage-Based Power Management Functions
- Programmable Input Current and Input Voltage Limit
- Up to 2.5A Programmable Charge Current for 2-Cell Applications
- 8.4V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Up to 5.0A Programmable Discharge Current
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Temperature Monitoring
- No Load Shutdown and Push Button Turn-On in Discharge Mode
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Discharge Mode Load Trace Compensation
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Internal Battery Reverse Leakage Blocking
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) for Both Charge and Discharge Mode
- Four LED Battery Level and Status Indicators
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Operating Vin (min) (V)4
- Operating Vin (max) (V)5.75
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)16
- Vbatt (max) (V)8.41
- Vbatt (min) (V)8.35
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Iotg (A)5
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)2.5
- Votg (max) (V)5.5
- fsw (kHz)1300
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesJEITA Batt NTC Monitor, LED Fuel Gauge, Power Bank Output Mode, Thermal Regulation, USB Compatible, USB OTG (Boost Mode), VIN Regulation
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Charge Status Yes