5.5V, 3A, Sync Step-Down Converter with 25μA IQ and Output Discharge in Ultra-Small Package
The MP2153 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with built-in, internal power MOSFETs. The MP2153 achieves 3A of continuous output current from a 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
The constant-on-time (COT) control scheme provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault protections include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MP2153 is ideal for a wide range of applications, including solid-state drives, portable devices, and other low-power, low-voltage systems.
The MP2153 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in ultra-small SOT563 (1.6mmx1.6mm) or UTQFN-6 (1.2mmx1.6mm) packages.
- Low IQ: 25μA
- 1.1MHz Switching Frequency
- EN forPowerSequencing
- 1% FB Accuracy
- Wide 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V
- Up to 3A Output Current
- 65mΩ and 35mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- 100% Duty On
- Output Discharge
- VOUT Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Hiccup Mode
- Power Good (for Fixed Output Version Only)
- Available in SOT563 (1.6mmx1.6mm) or UTQFN-6 (1.2mmx1.6mm) Packages
- fsw (max) (kHz)1100
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)3
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.025
- PackageSOT563, UTQFN-6(1.2x1.6)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good Only for Fixed Output Version, Synchronous Rectification
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle, Fixed Output, Output Discharge
3A Synchronous Step-Down Converter with 25?A Quiescent Current
The MP2153 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with built-in internal power MOSFETs. It achieves 3A continuous output current from a 2.5V-to-5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated to as low as 0.6V.
The Constant-On-Time control scheme rovides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault protections include cycle-bycycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MP2153 is available in an ultra-small SOT563 or 1.2mmx1.6mm UTQFN package and requires a minimal number of readily available standard external components.
The MP2153 is ideal for a wide range of applications including high performance DSPs, wireless power, portable and mobile devices, and other low-power systems.
$25.00 + tax