- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
2.5A Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver with Internal Current Sense
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP6500 is a stepper motor driver with a built-in translator and current regulation. Current sensing is internal, requiring no external sense resistors. High integration and a small QFN package make the MP6500 a space-saving and cost-effective solution for bipolar stepper motor drives.
The MP6500 operates from a supply voltage of up to 35V and can deliver motor current up to 2.5A, depending on the package and thermal conditions. The MP6500 can operate a bipolar stepper motor in full-, half-, quarter-, or eighth-step modes. Internal safety features include over-current protection (OCP), input over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage lockout (UVLO), and thermal shutdown.
The MP6500 is available in QFN-24 (5mmx5mm) and TSSOP-28 EP packages.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Wide 4.5V to 35V Input Voltage Range
- Two Internal Full-Bridge Drivers
- Internal Current Sensing and Regulation
- Low On Resistance (HS: 170mΩ; LS: 150mΩ)
- No Control Power Supply Required
- Simple Logic Interface
- 3.3V and 5V Compatible Logic Supply
- Step Modes from Full-Step to ⅛-Step
- 2.5A Output Current
- Automatic Current Decay
- Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Input Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) Function
- Thermal Shutdown and Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO) Protection
- Fault Indication Output
- Space-Saving QFN-24 (5mmx5mm) and Thermally Enhanced 24-Pin TSSOP Packages
EV6500GU-00A Evaluation Kit 2.5A, 35V, Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver Evaluation Board for QFN-24 (5mmx5mm) package type
The EV6500GU-00A is an evaluation board for the MP6500GU, a stepper motor driver with a built-in micro stepping translator.
It operates from a supply voltage of up to 35V and can deliver motor current up to 2.5A. It can operate a bipolar stepper motor in full- half-, quarter-, and eighth- step modes by setting the MS2, MS1. The input control signals for the MP6500GU are applied through the connector or generated on board.
EV6500GU-00A is the Evaluation board for MP6500 QFN-24 (5mmx5mm) package type.
2.5A, 35V, Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver Evaluation Board for TSSOP-28 EP package type.