IEEE 802.3af PoE PD Interface with 13W Primary-Side Regulated Flyback Converter Evaluation Board
The EV8007H-V-00A evaluation board is designed to demonstrate the capability of the MP8007H’s primary-side regulated flyback function. This board supports IEEE 802.3af PoE compliant powered devices (PDs) with a PD interface and flyback power converter. It is targeted for isolated, 13W PoE application.
The PD interface has all the functions of IEEE 802.3af, including detection, classification, inrush current, operation current, and a 100V hot-swap MOSFET. The DC/DC converter uses a fixed peak current and variable frequency discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) to regulate constant output voltage.
The MP8007H is available in a QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) package.
- 36V to 57V POE Input or 24V Auxiliary Adapter Input
- 12V Output Voltage and 11W Output Power
- Primary-Side Regulated Flyback without Optocoupler Feedback
- Compatible with 802.3af Specifications
- Discontinuous Conduction Work Mode
- Integrated 180V SwitchingPowerMOSFET
- Up to 3A Programmable Current Limit
- Includes Overload Protection (OLP), Over-Voltage Protection (OVP), Open-Circuit Protection, and Thermal Protection
- Minimal External Components Count
- Available in a QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) Package
Fully Integrated, 802.3af-Compatible PoE PD Interface with 13W Primary-Side Regulated Flyback or Buck Converter
The MP8007H is an integrated, IEEE 802.3af-compatible, PoE-powered device with a PD interface and power converter. It is targeted for isolated or non-isolated 13W PoE applications.
The PD interface has all the functions of IEEE 802.3af, including detection, classification, 120mA inrush current, 840mA operation current limit, and a 100V hot-swap MOSFET.
The DC/DC converter uses fixed peak current and variable frequency discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) to regulate a constant output voltage. The primary-side regulation without optocoupler feedback in flyback mode simplifies the design. Buck mode minimizes the solution size for non-isolated applications. A 180V integrated power MOSFET optimizes the device for various wide-voltage applications.
The device’s protection features include over-current protection, over-voltage protection, open-circuit protection and thermal shutdown.
The MP8007H can support a front-end solution for PoE-PD applications with minimal external components. It is available in a QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) package.