Wide-Input, 4.5A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger w/ NVDC Power Path and USB OTG Eval Board
The EV2731-QC-00A is an evaluation board for designed to demonstrate the capabilities of the MP2731. The MP2731 is a wide-input, 4.5A, highly integrated switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management suitable for portable applications including tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones.
Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allows the device to be flexibly controlled.
The EV2731-QC-00A supports up to 16V input sources, including standard USB host ports and high-voltage wall adapters with fast-charge capability. The EV2731-QC-00A supports USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V with 3.0A.
- 3.7V to 16V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High Efficiency 1.35MHz 4.5A Buck Charger
- Programmable D+/D- for Flexible Fast Charge Protocol Support
- Adjustable Minimum Input Voltage Regulation for MPPT
- USB OTG with 4.8V to 5.5V Adjustable Output, Selectable 1.35MHz Boost Converter, Up to 3.0A Output
- Up to 9A Battery Discharge Current
- Integrated ADC for Monitoring VIN, IIN, VBATT, IBATT, VSYS, and Battery Temperature
- Narrow Voltage DC (NVDC) Power Path Management
- Instant-On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Full DISC Control to Support Shipping Mode and System Restart
- High Accuracy:
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±5% Charge Current Regulation
- ±5% Input Current Regulation
- ±2% Output Regulation in Boost Mode
- Safety Features:
- Programmable JEITA for Battery Temp Protection
- Battery Charging Safety Timer
- Thermal Regulation and Shutdown
- Input/System Over-Voltage Protection
- Supports Temp Protection in Battery Side
- Charging Operation Indicator
Single Cell 4.5A Fast Charger with NVDC Power Path, OTG, and Integrated ADC
The MP2731 is a 4.5A, highly-integrated switch-mode battery charge management device for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device works with NVDC system power path management and is suitable for a variety of applications, including smartphones, tablets, wireless cameras, and other portable devices. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface allows the device to be flexibly controlled due to its charging and system settings.
The MP2731 supports a wide range of input sources, including standard USB host ports and high-powered wall adapters with fast-charge capabilities. The MP2731 provides USB input type detection via the DP/DM pins.
The device supports USB on-The-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V on the input bus with an output current limit up to 3.0A.
The MP2731 initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in different stages. The charger automatically terminates when a full charge is detected. When the charged battery drops below the recharge threshold, the charger automatically starts another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including a charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring, over-voltage and over-current protection. When any fault occurs, the charger asserts an INT signal to host. The device provides BATFET disable control to enter shipping mode, as well as system reset functionality via the DISC pin.
The MP2731 is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
The MP2731 is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2731 via the downloadable I2C GUI.
This I2C GUI allows you to program the MP2731. By using this I2C GUI, you can set the output voltage, PG delay enables, output current limit, and more. Please reference the user guides for installation and programming instructions.
Windows 7 or later
.Net Framework 4 or later
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 is included with product evaluation kits, or it can be purchased separately. EVKT-USBI2C-02 provides the communication interface for USB to I2C or USB to PMBus. It is designed to work with MPS I2C and PMBus products, and Virtual Bench Pro, and I2C GUI tools. USB driver will install automatically or download directly.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 kit includes:
- 1 USB to I2C communication device interface
- 1 USB cable
- 1 10-pin ribbon cable
- 1 3-pin ribbon cable
- Datasheet and driver files
$25.00 + tax
The EVKT-MP2731 is an evaluation kit for the MP2731, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB-OTG functionality.
The EVKT-MP2731 is an evaluation kit for the MP2731, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB-OTG functionality. Its layout accommodates most common capacitors. The default function of this board is preset for charger mode, and the full-charge voltage is preset to 4.2V for a single-cell Li-ion battery.
$75.00 + tax