Dual 3A, 5.5V, 1.2MHz, Synchronous Step-Down Switchers with Auto Output Discharge Evaluation Board
The EV2187-QA-01A evaluation board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of the MP2187, an internally compensated, 1.2MHz, dual-COT, synchronous step-down regulator. The output voltages of the two channels are 1.1V and 1.8V, respectively. The constant-on-time control scheme provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault condition protections include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MP2187 is available in small QFN-16 (2.2mmx2.6mm) package, and requires a minimal number of readily available, standard external components.
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.1V, 1.8V
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout Mode
- Up to 3A Output Current
- Low IQ: 80µA
- 60mΩ and 30mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- Default 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Auto-Discharge at Power-Off
- Short-Circuit Protect with Hiccup Mode
- Stable with Low-ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in a QFN-16 (2.2mmx2.6mm) Package
Dual 3A, 5.5V, 1.2MHz, COT Synchronous Step-Down Switcher with PG, input voltage failure indicator and auto discharge
The MP2187 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode dual converter with internal power MOSFETs. It can achieve up to 3A continuous output current from a 2.5V–to-5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltages of two channels are 1.1V and 1.8V respectively.
The constant-on-time control scheme provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault condition protections include cycle-by-cycle current limiting, input voltage failure indicator and thermal shutdown.
The MP2187 is available in small 2.2mmx2.6mm QFN16 package and requires only a minimal number of readily available standard external components.
The MP2187 is ideal for a wide range of applications including high-performance DSPs, FPGAs, smart phones, portable instruments, and DVD drivers.