The EV2009EE-00A evaluation board demonstrates the performance of MP2009, an ultra low noise, low dropout linear regulator. It operates from a 2V to 6V input voltage and regulates the output voltage range from 1.5V to 4.5V in 100mV increments.
The EV2009EE-00A can supply up to 120mA of load current with a typical dropout voltage of 172 mV. It provides thermal overload and current limit protection, stability with ultra low ESR ceramic capacitors as low as 1uF, and very fast transient response.
- Wide 2V to 5V Input Voltage Range
- Fixed Output Voltage range from 1.5V to 4.5V in 100mV increments
- 16µVRMS Output Noise at 100Hz to 100kHz Bandwidth with No Bypass Capacitor required
- 78dB PSRR at 1kHz
- 172mV Dropout at 120mA Load
- Stable with 1µF Ceramic Capacitor for Any Load
- Low 50µA Ground Current
- Very Fast Line and Load Transient Response with Small Input and Output Capacitor
- Current Limit and Thermal Protection
Ultra-Low-Noise Low-Dropout, 120mA Linear Regulator
The MP2009 is an ultra low noise, low dropout linear regulator. The output voltage of MP2009 ranges from 1.5V to 4.5V in 100mV increments and 1% accuracy by operating from a +2.0V to +6.0V input. It is designed to deliver up to 120mA continuous output current. It achieves a low 120mV dropout for full load current. The MP2009 uses an internal PMOS as the pass element, which consumes 50µA supply current at no load condition. New innovative design techniques make MP2009 achieve ultra-low output voltage noise of 16µVRMS without a noise bypass capacitor. The MP2009 are designed and optimized to work with low value, low cost ceramic capacitors in space-limiting and performance consideration. It requires only 1µF (typ) of output capacitance for stability with any load.