2.7W Mono Class D Low-EMI Audio Amplifier EV Board
The EV1720DQ-6-00A is the evaluation board for the MP1720DQ-006, a low-power mono BTL class-D audio amplifier. MP1720DQ-006 is one of MPS’ products, which is low EMI, high efficiency, and full bridge output.
The EV board can also be used to evaluate the MP1720DQ-003, MP1720DQ-009, MP1720DQ-012, and MP1720DQ-216 (with IC replacement).
- Pass FCC-Radiated Emissions Standards with 24inch Cable without output filter
- Maximum output into 5V VIN, 4ohm load:
- 1W power with 3Vpp SE input
- 2.7W power with differential input, 10% THD+N
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- Flexible Switching Frequency setting
- 2.5V~5.5V Operation from a Single Supply
- Low Noise (53μV Typical) with 3.3 V VIN
- Low Quiescent Current (4mA @3.3 V)
2.7W Mono Class D Low-EMI High-Efficiency Audio Amplifier
The MP1720 is a high efficiency Class-D audio amplifier. It utilizes a full bridge output structure capable of delivering 2.7W into 4Ω speaker. This device exhibits the high fidelity of a class AB amplifier with an efficiency of 90% which dramatically reduces solution size by integrating the following:
l 250mΩ power MOSFETs (VIN =3.3V)
l Startup / Shutdown pop elimination
l Short circuit /Thermal overload Protection
The MP1720 features a pin-selectable 1MHz or 1.3MHz frequency control or can be synchronized to an external clock source. The flexible switching frequency and internal EMI-reduction scheme eliminates the need for an output LC filter and passes emission standards without filter & with considerable cable.
The MP1720 has five fixed gain options. MP1720-3: 3dB; MP1720-6: 6dB; MP1720-9: 9dB; MP1720-12: 12dB; MP1720-216: 21.6dB.
The MP1720 is available in 10-pin MSOP-EP and 10-pin QFN packages.