The EV172-S-00A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MP172. The MP172 is a primary-side constant voltage regulator providing accurate constant voltage (CV) regulation without Opto-coupler. It supports Buck, Buck-Boost, Boost and Flyback topologies.
The EV172-S-00A Evaluation Board is designed as Buck application. EV172-S-00A typically drives 5V/120mA load from 85VAC to 265VAC, at 60/50Hz.
The EV172-S-00A has an excellent efficiency and meets IEC61000-4-5 2kV surge immunity and EN55022 conducted EMI requirements. MP172 features various protections, including thermal shutdown (TSD), VCC under-voltage lockout (UVLO), over-load protection (OLP), short- circuit protection (SCP), and open loop protection.
MP172 is available in TSOT23-5 and SOIC8 package.
- Primary-Side non-isolated Constant Voltage (CV) control
- Integrated 700V/ MOSFET
- Peak-Current control with peak current compression
- Low VCC operating current
- Limited maximum frequency
- Frequency foldback
- Multiple protections: SCP, OCP, OTP, and VCC UVLO
- Low cost and simple external circuit
- Internally biased VCC