36V, 3.5A, Low Quiescent Current, Synchronous, Step-Down Converter AEC-Q100 Qualified
The MP4430 is a frequency-programmable (350kHz to 2.5MHz), synchronous, step-down, switching regulator with integrated, internal, high-side and low-side power MOSFETs. It provides up to 3.5A of highly efficient output current with current mode control for fast loop response.
The wide 3.3V to 36V input range accommodates a variety of step-down applications in automotive input environments and is ideal for battery-powered applications due to its extremely low quiescent current.
The MP4430 employs advanced asynchronous mode (AAM), which helps achieve high efficiency in light-load condition by scaling down the switching frequency to reduce switching and gate driving losses.
Standard features include soft start (SS), external clock synchronization, enable (EN) control, and a power good (PG) indicator. High-duty cycle and low dropout mode are provided for automotive cold-crank condition.
Over-current protection (OCP) with valley-current detection is employed to prevent the inductor current from running away. Hiccup mode reduces the average current in short circuit condition greatly. Thermal shutdown provides reliable and fault-tolerant operation.
The MP4430 is available in a QFN-16 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 3.3V to 36V Operating Input Range
- 3.5A Continuous Output Current
- 1μA Low Shutdown Mode Current
- 10μA Sleep Mode Quiescent Current
- Internal 90mΩ High-Side and 40mΩ Low-Side MOSFETs
- 350kHz to 2.5MHz Programmable Switching Frequency
- Fixed Output Options: 3.3V, 3.8V, 5V
- Synchronize to External Clock
- Selectable In-Phase or 180° Out-of-Phase
- Power Good (PG) Indicator
- Programmable Soft-Start (SS) Time
- 80ns Minimum On Time
- Selectable Forced CCM or AAM
- Low Dropout Mode
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with Valley-Current Detection and Hiccup
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)2500
- Vin (min) (V)3.3
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iout (max) (A)3.5
- Vfb (V)0.8
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.01
- PackageQFN-16 (3x4)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency
36V, 3.5A, Low Quiescent Current Synchronous Step-Down Convertor Evaluation Board
The EV4430-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MP/MPQ4430GL.
MP/MPQ4430GL is a frequency programmable (350kHz to 2.5MHz), synchronous, step-down, switching regulator with integrated internal high-side and low-side power MOSFETs. It provides up to 3.5A highly efficient output current with current mode control for fast loop response.
The MP/MPQ4430GL employs AAM (Advanced Asynchronous Modulation) mode which helps to achieve high efficiency at light load condition by scaling down the switching frequency to reduce the switching and gate driving losses.
The EV4430-L-00A is a fully assembled and tested evaluation board, it generates +3.3V output voltage at load current up to 3.5A from a 3.3V to 36V input range.
$50.00 + tax