16V, 30A, Scalable, Digital, Synchronous Step-Down Converter with PMBusTM
The MPQ8645P is a fully integrated, PMBusTM-compatible, high-frequency, synchronous buck converter. The MPQ8645P offers a very compact solution that achieves up to 30A of output current per-phase with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MPQ8645P operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
The PMBusTM interface provides converter configurations and key parameter monitoring.
The MPQ8645P adopts MPS’s proprietary multi-phase constant-on-time (MCOT) control, which provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The MCOT scheme also allows multiple MPQ8645P devices to be connected in parallel with excellent current sharing and phase interleaving for high-current applications.
Fully integrated protection features include over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP).
The MPQ8645P requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a TQFN-25 (4mmx5mm) package.
- PMBusTM 1.3 Compliant
- Scalable Multi-Phase Operation
- 3.1V to 16V with External 3.3V VCC Bias 4V to 16V with Internal Bias or External 3.3V VCC Bias
- 30A Continuous Output Current Per Phase
- Low RDS(ON) Integrated Power MOSFETs
- Lossless and Accurate On-Die Current Sensing
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- Stable with Zero-ESR Output Capacitors
- 0.5% Reference Voltage Over 0°C to +70°C Junction Temperature Range
- Output Voltage True Remote Sense
- Output Adjustable from 0.4V to 0.9 x VIN up to 5.5V Max
- Output Voltage/Current, Input Voltage, and Junction Temperature Reporting
- Built-In MTP to Store Custom Configurations
- Programmable via PMBusTM
- Output Voltage
- Output Current Limit
- Selection of Pulse-Skip or Forced-CCM Operation
- Soft-Start Time
- Selection of Switching Frequency from 400kHz, 600kHz, 800kHz, or 1000kHz
- Selection of Hiccup or Latch-Off for OCP, OVP, and OTP
- Ramp Compensation
- Available in a TQFN-25 (4mmx5mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)400,600,800,1000
- Vin (min) (V)3.1
- Vin (max) (V)16
- Iout (max) (A)30
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)2.5
- PackageTQFN-25 (4x5)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesInternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesCurrent Limiting, Output Remote Sense, Programmable Frequency, Programmable Output Voltage, Scalable Multi-Phase Operation, PMBus Interface