High Efficiency, 12A, 18V Synchronous Step-down Converter with SS, PG and Latch-off OCP, SCP, non-latch OVP
The MP8764 is a fully integrated high frequency synchronous rectified step-down switch mode converter. It offers a very compact solution to achieve 12A output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation. The MP8764 operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
The MP8764 adopts Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
Operation frequency can be programmed easily from 200kHz to 1MHz by an external resistor and keeps nearly constant as input supply varies by the feedforward compensation.
Under voltage lockout is internally set at 4.1V, but can be increased by programming the threshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the soft start pin. An open drain power good signal indicates the output is within its nominal voltage range.
Full integrated protection features include OCP, OVP and thermal shutdown.
The MP8764 requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and are available in QFN 3X4 package.
- 2.5V to 5V Operating Input Range with External 5V Bias
- 4.5V to 18V Operating Input Range with Internal Bias
- 12A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- 1.5% Reference Voltage Over -40C to +125C Junction Temperature Range
- Programmable Soft Start Time
- Pre-Bias Start up
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz
- latch-off SCP, and non-latch OVP Protection and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.611V to 13V
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)12
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.611
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.86
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.611
- PackageQFN-16 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency
High Efficiency, 12A, 18V Synchronous Step-down Converter Evaluation Board
The EV8764GLE-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MP8764GLE, a high efficiency monolithic synchronous step-down converter.
The EV board can deliver 12A continuous load current over a wide 4.5V to 18V operating input range. High efficiency can be achieved over a wide output current load range.
Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
This EV board can be turned on or shut down via a remote ON/OFF input that is referenced to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
$25.00 + tax