10A, 2.5-18V, DCM, Non-Latch OVP, COT Synchronous Step-down Converter
The MP8762H is a fully integrated high frequency synchronous rectified step-down switch mode converter. It offers a very compact solution to achieve 10A output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation. The MP8762H operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
The MP8762H adopts Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
Operation frequency can be programmed easily from 200kHz to 1MHz by an external resistor and keeps nearly constant as input supply varies by the feedforward compensation.
VCC under voltage lockout is internally set at 3.8V, but can be increased by programming the threshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the soft start pin. An open drain power good signal indicates the output is within its nominal voltage range.
Full integrated protection features include OCP, OVP and thermal shutdown.
The MP8762H requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and are available in QFN 3X4 package.
- 2.5V to 5V Operating Input Range with External 5V Bias
- 4.5V to 18V Operating Input Range with Internal Bias
- 10A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- 1.5% Reference Voltage Over -40C to +125C Junction Temperature Range
- Programmable Soft Start Time
- Pre-Bias Start up
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz
- Non-latch OCP, OVP Protection and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.611V to 13V
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)10
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)13
- Vfb (V)0.611
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.86
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.611
- PackageQFN-16 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency