High-Efficiency, 10A, 17V, Synchronous, Step-Down Converter With External Soft Start and Power Good
The MP8714 is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter. This fully integrated solution achieves 10A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
Current mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. EN/SYNC supports external clock synchronization, and an open-drain power good pin (PG) indicates when the output voltage is in the nominal range.
Full protection features include over-voltage protection (OVP), hiccup over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP8714 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 4.5V to 17V Operating Input Range
- 10A Continuous Output Current
- 26mΩ High-Side, 11mΩ Low-Side RDS(ON) for Internal Power MOSFETs
- 200kHz - 2MHz Synchronized External Clock
- Programmable Soft-Start (SS) Time
- Open-Drain Power Good (PG) Indicator
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a Small QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)500
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)17
- Iout (max) (A)10
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)14
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.95
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.56
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesExternal Frequency Sync
High Efficiency, 10A, 17V, Synchronous Step-Down Converter Evaluation Board
The EV8714-LE-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP8714. MP8714 is a highly integrated and high frequency synchronous step-down switch-mode converter. It is optimized to support up to 10A load current over an input supply range from 4.5V to 17V with excellent load and line regulation.
Current-Mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
EN/SYNC supports external clock synchronization, and an open-drain power good pin(PG) indicates when the output voltage is in the nominal range.
Full protection features include over voltage, hiccup over-current protection and thermal shut down.
The MP8714 is available in QFN-14(3mmx4mm) package.
$25.00 + tax