The MP8712 is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter. The MP8712 offers a fully integrated solution that achieves 12A of continuous and 15A of peak output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. Constant-on-time (COT) control operation provides fast transient response. An open-drain power good pin (PG) indicates that the output voltage is in the nominal range. Full protection features include over-voltage protection (OVP), over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown. The MP8712 is available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 3V to 18V Operating Input Range
- 12A Continuous/15A Peak Output Current
- 1% Internal Reference Accuracy
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V
- 15mO High-Side, 4.5mO Low-Side RDS(ON) for Internal Power MOSFETs
- 500kHz Switching Frequency
- External Soft Start (SS)
- Open-Drain Power Good (PG) Indication
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Hiccup Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)500
- Vin (min) (V)3
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)12
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)14
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.42
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
High Efficiency, 2A, 18V, Synchronous Step-Down Converter
The EV8712-L-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP8712. MP8712 is a highly integrated and high frequency synchronous step-down switch-mode converter. It offers a fully integrated solution to achieve a 12A continuous and 15A peak output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
COT control operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. An open drain power good pin indicates that the output voltage is in the nominal range. Full protection features include over voltage, over-current protection and thermal shut down.
The MP8712 is available in QFN-14(3mmx4mm) package.
$25.00 + tax