- Evaluation Tools
36V, 6A, Frequency Programmable, Step-Down Converter with Smart, Dual, USB Charging Ports
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP5408 integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and charging port identification circuitry for each port. The MP5408 achieves 6A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output of the USB switch is current-limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for battery charging specification (BC1.2), divider mode, 1.2V/1.2V mode, and USB Type-C 5V@3A DFP mode, eliminating the need for outside user interaction.
Full protection features include hiccup current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP5408 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Wide 6V to 36V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Selectable Output Voltage: 5.1V, 5.17V, and 5.3V
- 90mV Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB1/USB2 Output Current Limit
- 18mΩ/15mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 13mΩ/13mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal USB1/USB2 Power MOSFETs
- Frequency Adjustable (235kHz to 2.2MHz)
- Forced Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM) Operation
- Hiccup Current Limit for both Buck and USB
- Supports DCP Schemes for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- Supports USB Type-C 5V @ 3A DFP Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, and DM Pins
- Available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) Package
EV5408-U-00A Evaluation Kit Smart, Dual USB Charging Port Power Converter with Programmable Frequency
The MP5408 integrates a monolithic step-down switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and charging port identification circuitry for each port. It achieves 6A output current over a wide input-supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The output of the USB switch is current limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for Battery Charging specification (BC1.2), the Divider Mode, 1.2V/1.2V Mode and USB TYPE-C 5V@3A DFP Mode eliminating outside user interaction.