Arrives 3-4 business days.
Shipping only $5 per order.
View distributor pricing and availability
The MP2660 is a highly integrated, single-cell, Li-ion/Li-polymer battery charger with system power path management for space-limited portable applications. This device takes input power from either an AC adapter or a USB port to supply the system load and charge the battery independently. The charger section features trickle charge, constant current (CC) and constant voltage (CV) regulation, charge termination, and charge status.
The power path management function ensures continuous power to the system by automatically selecting the input, the battery, or both to power the system. This power stage features a low dropout regulator from the input to the system and a 100mΩ switch from the battery to the system. Power path management separates the charging current from the system load, which allows for proper charge termination and keeps the battery in full-charge mode.
The MP2660 provides system short-circuit protection (SCP) by limiting the current from the input to the system and the battery to the system. This feature is especially critical for preventing the Li-ion battery from being damaged due to excessively high currents. An on-chip battery under-voltage lockout (UVLO) cuts off the path between the battery and the system if the battery voltage drops below the programmable battery UVLO threshold, which prevents the Li-ion battery from being over-discharged. An integrated I2C control interface allows the MP2660 to program the charging parameters, such as the input current limit, input voltage regulation limit, charging current, battery regulation voltage, safety timer, and battery UVLO.
The MP2660 is available in a 9-pin WCSP (1.55mmx1.55mm) package.
- Fully Autonomous Charger for Single-Cell Li Ion/Li-Polymer Batteries
- Complete Power Path Management for Simultaneously Powering the System and Charging the Battery
- ±0.5% Charging Voltage Accuracy
- 13V Maximum Voltage for the Input Source
- I2C Interface for Setting Charging Parameters and Status Reporting
- Fully Integrated Power Switches and No External Blocking Diode Required
- Built-In Robust Charging Protection Including Battery Temperature Monitoring and Programmable Timer
- Built-In Battery Disconnection Function
- Thermal Limiting Regulation on the Chip
- Available in a WCSP-9 (1.55mmx1.55mm) Package
- Icharge (max) (A)0.5
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.545
- Operating Vin (max) (V)5.85
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)13
- Vbatt (min) (V)3.6
- NTC MonitoringYes
- Operating Vin (min) (V)4
- Special FeaturesBattery OCP, Battery UVP, Batt NTC Monitor, Input Current Regulation, Narrow Voltage Power Path, One-Time Programmable Memory, Shipping Mode, Thermal Regulation, USB Compatible, VIN Regulation
- Charge typeCC/CV Linear
- Charge TerminationLDO Mode
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Control InterfaceI2C
- Trickle ChargeYes
- Charge Status Yes
- Power PathYes
- USB ModeNo
- PackageWLCSP-9 (1.55x1.55)