2A single cell switching charger with power path management and 1A BOOST OTG
The MP2635A is a highly-integrated, flexible, switch-mode battery charge management and system power path management device for a single-cell Li-ion and Li-Polymer battery used in a wide range of portable applications. The MP2635A has two operating modes—charge mode and boost mode—to allow management of system and battery power based on the state of the input. When input power is present, the device operates in charge mode. It automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in the three phases: trickle current, constant current and constant voltage. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge. This device also integrates input current limit in order to manage input power and meet the priority of the system power demand. In the absence of an input source, the MP2635A switches to boost mode through the MODE pin to power the SYS pins from the battery. The OLIM pin programs the output current limit in boost mode. The MP2635A also allows an output short-circuit thanks to an output disconnect feature, and can auto-recover when the short circuit fault is removed. The MP2635A provides full operating status indication to distinguish charge mode from boost mode. The MP2635A achieves low EMI/EMC performance with well-controlled switching edges. To guarantee safe operation, the MP2635A limits the die temperature to a preset value 120oC. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
- 4.5V-to-6V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Integrated Input-Current Based Power Management Function
- Up to 2A Programmable Charge Current
- Trickle-Charge Function
- Selectable 3.6V/ 4.2V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Battery Temperature Monitoring
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Internal Battery Reverse Leakage Blocking
- Reverse Boost Operation Mode for System Power
- Up to 91% 5V Boost Mode Efficiency @ 1A
- Programmable Output Current Limit for Boost Mode
- Integrated Short Circuit Protection
- Operating Vin (min) (V)4.2
- Operating Vin (max) (V)6.5
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)20
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.2
- Vbatt (min) (V)3.6
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-FePO4, Li-Polymer
- Iotg (A)1
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)2
- Votg (max) (V)5
- fsw (kHz)1200/600
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesBatt NTC Monitor, Input Bypass Power Path, Input Current Regulation, Power Bank Output Mode, Thermal Regulation, USB Compatible, USB OTG (Boost Mode), VIN Regulation
- PackageQFN-24 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlNo
- Charge Status No
Fully Power Management Charger for Single-Cell Battery System
EV2635A-R-00A, the evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MP2635A, a high-integrated, flexible switching charger for a single-cell battery used in portable application.A covers two operation modes, charge mode and boost mode, manages the power according to the different input conditions.
EV2635A covers two operation modes, charge mode and boost mode, manages the power according to the different input conditions.
When input is present, the board charges a single cell battery with programmable charge currents up to 2A.
When input is absent, the board switches to the boost mode via MODE pin to power the SYS from the battery up to 1A.
The evaluation board provides full operating status indication to distinguish charge mode from boost mode.
For guaranteed safe operation, the EV2635A has input over voltage protection, battery over voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
$25.00 + tax