- 4.5V-to-16V Input Voltage Range
- Integrated Input-Current Based Power Management Function
- Up to 1.5A Programmable Charge Current
- Trickle-Charge Function
- Selectable 3.6V/ 4.2V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Battery Temperature Monitoring
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Internal Battery Reverse Leakage Blocking
- Reverse Boost Operation Mode for System Power
- Up to 91% 5V Boost Mode Efficiency @ 1A
- Programmable Output Current Limit for Boost Mode
- Integrated Short Circuit Protection for Boost Mode
- Operating Vin (min) (V)4.2
- Operating Vin (max) (V)6.5
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)20
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.2
- Vbatt (min) (V)3.6
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-FePO4, Li-Polymer
- Iotg (A)1.5
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)1.5
- Votg (max) (V)5
- fsw (kHz)1200/600
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- PackageQFN-24 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlNo
- Charge Status Yes
Full Power Management IC For Single-Cell Battery System
The EV2633-R-01A is the evaluation board designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MP2633, a highly-integrated, flexible switch-mode battery charge management and system power path management device for a single-cell Li-ion and Li-Polymer battery used in a wide range of portable applications.
EV2633 uses two operation modes -- charge mode and boost mode -- to allow management of system and battery power based on the state of the input.
When input power is present, the board charges a single-cell battery with a programmable charge current of up to 1.5A.
In the absence of an input source, the board switches to boost mode through the MODE pin to power the SYS pins from the battery with a current up to 1A.
The evaluation board provides full-operating-status indication to distinguish charge mode from boost mode.
For guaranteed safe operation, the EV2633 has input-over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery-temperature monitoring, and programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
$25.00 + tax