Single Cell 4.5A Fast Charger with NVDC Power Path, OTG, and Integrated ADC
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2731 is a 4.5A, highly-integrated switch-mode battery charge management device for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device works with NVDC system power path management and is suitable for a variety of applications, including smartphones, tablets, wireless cameras, and other portable devices. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface allows the device to be flexibly controlled due to its charging and system settings.
The MP2731 supports a wide range of input sources, including standard USB host ports and high-powered wall adapters with fast-charge capabilities. The MP2731 provides USB input type detection via the DP/DM pins.
The device supports USB on-The-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V on the input bus with an output current limit up to 3.0A.
The MP2731 initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in different stages. The charger automatically terminates when a full charge is detected. When the charged battery drops below the recharge threshold, the charger automatically starts another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including a charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring, over-voltage and over-current protection. When any fault occurs, the charger asserts an INT signal to host. The device provides BATFET disable control to enter shipping mode, as well as system reset functionality via the DISC pin.
The MP2731 is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 3.7V to 16V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High-Efficiency, 4.5A, 1.35MHz Buck Charger: Up to 92% Charge Efficiency with 3A Charge Current
- Configurable D+/D- for Flexible Fast Charge Protocol Support
- USB OTG with 4.8V to 5.5V Adjustable Output: Up to 3.0A Output, Up to 93% Efficiency with 1.5A Output
- NVDC Power Path ManagementInstant-On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- High Battery Discharge Efficiency with 14mΩ BATFET Up to 9A
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Fully Integrated Power MOSFETs and Current Sensing
- Dedicated DISC Pin to Control Shipping Mode and System Reset
- 13µA Low Battery Leakage Current in Shipping Mode
- Integrated ADC for Monitoring Input Voltage, Input Current, Battery Voltage, Charge Current, System Voltage, and Battery Temperature
- Charging Status Indicator
- Safety Features Including Configurable JEITA for Battery Temperature Protection for Charge Mode, Battery Charging Safety Timer, Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown, Watchdog Monitoring I2C Operation, and Input/System Over-Voltage Protection
Active Part Numbers:
EVKT-MP2731 Evaluation Kit The EVKT-MP2731 is an evaluation kit for the MP2731, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB-OTG functionality.
The EVKT-MP2731 is an evaluation kit for the MP2731, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB-OTG functionality. Its layout accommodates most common capacitors. The default function of this board is preset for charger mode, and the full-charge voltage is preset to 4.2V for a single-cell Li-ion battery.
Wide-Input, 4.5A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger w/ NVDC Power Path and USB OTG Eval Board
The MP2731 is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2731 via the downloadable I2C GUI.
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.