- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
Single Cell 3A Fast Charger with NVDC Power Path, OTG, and Integrated ADC
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2723 is a 3A highly-integrated switching-mode battery charge management device for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery. This device with NVDC system power path management is suitable for a variety of applications such as smartphone, tablets, wireless cameras and other portable devices. Its low impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allow the device to be flexibly controlled.
The MP2723 supports 5V input sources, including standardUSBhost port, USB charging port and USB compliant wall adapter. The MP2723 provides USB input type detection via DP/DM pins.
The MP2723 supportsUSBOn-The-Go operation by supplying 5V on input bus with output current limit up to 1.5A.
The MP2723 initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It automatically detects battery voltage and charges battery in different stages. The charger automatically terminates when battery charged fully is detected. When the fully battery drops below recharge threshold, the charger automatically starts another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring and overvoltage/over current protections. When any fault occurs, the charger asserts an INT to host. The device provides BATFET disable control to enter ship mode and system reset function via DISC pin.
The MP2723 is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 3.7V to 5.5V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High Efficiency 3A 1.35MHz Buck Charger
- Up to 92% Charge Efficiency at 3A Charge Current
- Programmable D+/D- for Flexible Fast Charge Protocol Support
- USB On-the-Go (OTG) with Adjustable Output from 4.8V to 5.5V
- Up to 1.5A Output
- Up to 93% Efficiency with 1.5A OTG Load
- Narrow Voltage DC (NVDC) Power Path Management
- Instant on works with no battery or deeply discharged battery
- Ideal diode operation in battery supplement mode
- High Battery Discharge Efficiency with 14mΩ BATFET up to 9A
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Fully-integrated power MOSFETs, Current Sensing and Loop Compensation
- Dedicated DISC pin to Control Ship Mode and System Reset
- 13µA Low Battery Leakage Current in Shipping Mode
- Integrated ADC for Monitoring Input Voltage, Input Current, Battery Voltage, Charge Current, System Voltage and Battery Temperature
- Charging Status Indicator
- Programmable JEITA for Battery Temperature Protection for Charge Mode
- Battery Charging Safety Timer
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Watchdog Monitoring I2C Operation
- Input/System Overvoltage Protection
EV2723-QC-00A Evaluation Kit 3A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger with NVDC Power Path and USB OTG Evaluation Board
The EV2723-QC-00A is an evaluation board for the MP2723, a 3A, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management and is suitable for portable applications including tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface can control the charging and system settings.
The EV2723-QC-00A supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host ports and wall adapters with fast charging capabilities.
The EV2723-QC-00A supportsUSBOn-The-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V with 1.5A.