5V, All-in-One Power Bank Solution IC with 3.6A Boost Current and 5.0A Fast-Charging Capability
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2698 is a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode, battery charge management and system power-path management device designed for single-cell Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries for use in a wide range of portable applications.
The IC uses two operating modes, charge mode and boost mode, to manage system and battery power based on the state of the input and output.
When input power is present, the MP2698 operates in charge mode. The device detects the battery voltage automatically and charges the battery in four phases: trickle current charge, pre-charge, constant-current charge, and constant-voltage charge.
In the absence of an input source, the MP2698 switches to boost mode to power SYS from the battery. The IC supports BC1.2 output by identifying the request through DP2/DM2.
To guarantee safe operation, the IC includes input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery over-voltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent the prolonged charging of an abnormal battery.
With the I2C interface, the IC can flexibly program the charging and boosting parameters, such as input current limit, charging current, battery regulation (charge-full) voltage, safety timer, boost output current limit, and so on. The IC can also provide the operation status through the I2C registers and battery status via four LEDs.
The MP2698 is available in a QFN-28 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 4.0V to 6.0V Operating Voltage Range
- Up to 24V Sustainable Input Voltage
- Input Source BC1.2 and Non-Standard Adapter Detection
- Integrated Input Current-Based and Input Voltage-Based Power Management Function
- Up to 5.0A Programmable Charge Current
- Reverse Boost Operation Mode with up to 3.6A Boost Current and 5V Voltage for System Power
- Output USB Type Detection
- Analog Voltage Output IB Pin for Battery-Current Monitoring
- Programmable 3.1V to 4.675V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Four LEDs Battery Gauge Indicators
- JEITA-Compatible Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) Protection
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- USB Output Cable Impedance Compensation
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) and Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) for Pass-Through Path
- Integrated SCP and OVP for Boost Mode
- Integrated 8-Bit SAR ADC for Battery Voltage Measurement
- Available in a QFN-28 (4mmx4mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
MP2698GR-xxxx-P MP2698GR-xxxx-P MP2698GR-xxxx-Z
EVKT-USBI2C-02 Evaluation Kit Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 is included with product evaluation kits, or it can be purchased separately. EVKT-USBI2C-02 provides the communication interface for USB to I2C or USB to PMBus. It is designed to work with MPS I2C and PMBus products, and Virtual Bench Pro, and I2C GUI tools. USB driver will install automatically or download directly.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 kit includes:
- 1 USB to I2C communication device interface
- 1 USB cable
- 1 10-pin ribbon cable
- 1 3-pin ribbon cable
- Datasheet and driver files