- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MPQ4488 integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and charging port identification circuitry for each port. The MPQ4488 achieves 6A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output of each USB switch is current-limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for battery charging specification (BC1.2), divider mode, 1.2V/1.2V mode, and USB Type-C 5V @ 3A DFP mode, eliminating the need for outside user interaction.
Full protection features include hiccup current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MPQ4488 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Wide 6V to 36V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Selectable Output Voltage: 5.1V, 5.17V, and 5.3V
- 90mV Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB1/USB2 Output-Current Limit
- 18mΩ/15mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 18mΩ/18mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal USB1/USB2 Power MOSFETs
- Frequency Adjustable (250kHz to 2.2MHz)
- Frequency Spread Spectrum for MPQ4488GU-FD-AEC1
- Forced CCM Operation
- Load Shedding versus Temperature
- Hiccup Current Limit for both Buck and USB
- Supports DCP Schemes for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- Supports USB Type-C 5V @ 3A DFP Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, and DM
- Available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) Package
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1
EVQ4488-U-00B Evaluation Kit Smart, Dual USB Charging Port Power Converter with Programmable Frequency for Automotive, AEC-Q100 Qualified
The EVQ4488-U-00B Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MPQ4488.The MPQ4488 integrates a monolithic step-down switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and charging port identification circuitry for each port. It achieves 6A output current over a wide input-supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The output of the USB switch is current limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for Battery Charging specification (BC1.2), the Divider Mode, 1.2V/1.2V Mode and USB TYPE-C 5V@3A DFP Mode eliminating outside user interaction.