- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
40V, USB Type-C PD Synchronous Buck-Boost Controller with I2C AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MPQ4214 is a full-feature, buck-boost controller to support USB PD3.0 power solutions for automotive USB power designs. The MPQ4214 is a synchronous, four-switch, buck-boost controller capable of regulating different output voltages with a wide input voltage range and high efficiency. The MPQ4214 provides an I2C interface, which supports VOUT voltage programmability, VOUT slew-rate control and constant output current limit programmability, making the MPQ4214 suitable for USB power delivery (PD) design in USB Type-C power supplies.
The MPQ4214 uses valley-current control in buck mode and peak-current control in boost mode, providing fast load transient response and smooth buck-boost mode transient. The MPQ4214 provides forced continuous conduction mode (FCCM) and programmable average current limit, which supports flexible designs for different applications.
The MPQ4214 also features hiccup over-current protection (OCP), hiccup over-voltage protection (OVP), programmable soft start, and programmable under-voltage lockout (UVLO).
The MPQ4214 is available in a QFN-27 (5mmx5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 6V to 40V Startup Input Voltage Range
- 4V to 40V Operation Input Voltage Range
- Flexible I2C Interface Control for:
- 3V to 20V Output with 10mV Steps
- Selectable VOUT Slew Rate
- Programmable Constant Current Limit
- <50mA Steps Current Limit Adjusting through IPWM Pin
- Frequency Dithering Function for EMI Optimization
- Integrated VOUT Discharge Function
- Selectable 200kHz, 300kHz, 400kHz, and 600kHz Switching Frequency
- Fixed Frequency over Full Load Range with FCCM Mode
- OCP, SCP, and OVP
- Interrupt Indicator for OCP, OVP and OTP
- Available in a QFN-27(5mmx5mm) Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress
EVKT-USBI2C-02 Evaluation Kit Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 is included with product evaluation kits, or it can be purchased separately. EVKT-USBI2C-02 provides the communication interface for USB to I2C or USB to PMBus. It is designed to work with MPS I2C and PMBus products, and Virtual Bench Pro, and I2C GUI tools. USB driver will install automatically or download directly.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 kit includes:
- 1 USB to I2C communication device interface
- 1 USB cable
- 1 10-pin ribbon cable
- 1 3-pin ribbon cable
- Datasheet and driver files