- USB Charging Port
40V, 100W Synchronous Buck-Boost Controller with I2C and Current Monitor, AEC-Q100 Qualified
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MPQ4210 is a synchronous, four-switch, buck-boost controller capable of regulating different output voltages with a wide input voltage range and high efficiency. It provides an I2C interface, which supports VOUT voltage programmability, VOUT slew-rate control, and output constant current limit programmability, making the MPQ4210 suitable for USB power delivery (PD) design in USB Type-C power supplies.
The MPQ4210 uses valley current control in buck mode and peak current control in boost mode, providing fast load transient response and smooth buck-boost mode transient. The MPQ4210 provides forced continuous conduction mode (FCCM) and a programmable average current limit, which supports flexible designs for different applications.
It also features programmable over-current protection (OCP) mode, programmable over-voltage protection (OVP) mode, and programmable VIN UVLO hysteresis.
The MPQ4210 is available in a QFN-27 (5mmx5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 6V to 40V Start-Up Input Voltage Range
- 5V to 40V Operation Input Voltage Range
- Flexible I2C Interface Control for:
- 0.5V to 28V Output Voltage Range
- 0.3V to 2.047V Reference Voltage Range with 1mV Step
- Selectable VOUT Slew Rate
- Programmable Constant Current Limit
- Output Current Monitor Function (IMON)
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Switching Frequency Spread Spectrum for EMI Optimization
- Integrated VOUT Discharge Function
- Selectable 200kHz, 300kHz, 400kHz, and 600kHz Switching Frequency
- Forced CCM Operation Mode
- Programmable VINUVLO Hysteresis
- OCP, SCP, and OVP
- Interrupt Indicator for OCP, OVP, and PNG
- Available in a QFN-27 (5mmx5mm) Package with Wettable Flank
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
Active Part Numbers:
EVQ4210-U-00B Evaluation Kit 40V, USB Type-C PD, Synchronous, Buck-Boost Controller with I2C Evaluation Board
The EVQ4210-U-00B Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MPQ4210GU-AEC1.
The MPQ4210GU-AEC1 is a synchronous, four-switch buck-boost controller to support USB PD3.0 power solutions for automotive USB power designs.
MPQ4210 provides an I2C interface, making it suitable for USB power delivery (PD) design in USB Type-C power supplies. It uses valley-current control in buck mode and peak-current control in boost mode, providing fast load transient response and smooth buck-boost mode transient. It provides FCCM and programmable average current limit.
MPQ4210 also features hiccup OCP, hiccup OVP, programmable soft start, and programmable UVLO.
MPQ4210 is available in a QFN-27(5mmx5mm) package.
Graphical User Interface (GUI) supported by MPS used to configure and monitor multiple MPS digital power solutions with an I2C Interface