1.5A Thermoelectric Cooler Controller
The MP8833 is a monolithic thermoelectric cooler controller with built-in internal power MOSFETs. It achieves 1.5A continuous output current from a 2.7V-to-5.5V input voltage with TEC voltage range. The TEC voltage is linear controlled by an analog voltage.
The features such as TEC voltage/current limit, can be controlled fly through a 3.4Mbps I2C serial interface. This brings minimum external components. Combined with a QFN-16 (2mmx3mm) package, the minimum solution size is obtained.
Fully protection features includes internal soft start, over current/voltage protection and over temperature protection.
The MP8833 is ideal for TEC device application such as an optical laser diode, fiber communication network.
- 1% 2.5V REF Accuracy
- Wide 2.7V-to-5.5V Operating Input Range
- Up to 1.5A TEC Current
- TEC Current Monitor
- 30mΩ and 30mΩ Internal PWM MOSFET Switches
- 30mΩ and 30mΩ Internal Linear MOSFET Switches
- Default 1MHz Switching Frequency
- External SYNC Function
- EN/SD forPowerSequencing
- Available in QFN-16 (2mmx 3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1500
- Vin (min) (V)2
- Vin (max) (V)505
- Iout (max) (A)1
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.5
- PackageCSP-12 (1.2x1.6)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesPower Good
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle, 7 Selectable Output Voltages, Ultra-Low Iq