6V Mini PMIC with High Efficiency Dual 2.5A/3.5A Buck, One Load Switch and Input Power Supervisory
The MP5403 is a monolithic power management unit containing two high-efficiency, step-down, switching converters and a load switch. The two regulators supply current up to 3.5A and 2.5A separately, and the load switch supplies up to 3A of load current with an extremely low RDS(ON). With an input range of up to 6V, the MP5403 is ideal for powering ASIC and SOC for solid-state drives and other compact power systems.
The peak-current-mode control scheme with pulse-skip-mode operation provides the two switchers with fast transient response, high light-load efficiency, and minimum capacitance by using an interleaving PWM clock between the two switchers. The 3A load switch with a low 20mΩ on resistance provides flexible system configuration.
A full set of enable control pins and power good open-drain indicators allow for easy implementation of the start-up and shutdown sequences.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP) and thermal shutdown.
The MP5403 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a small UTQFN-20 (2.5mmx3mm) package.
- Low Iq: 85µA for Two Switchers Total
- Two Buck Converters
- o 3.5A with 55mΩ/20mΩ RDS(ON)
- o 2.5A with 60mΩ/22mΩ RDS(ON)
- o 1.5MHz Switching Frequency
- o 180° Interleaving Operation
- o 100% Duty Cycle
- o Load Switch Mode by Pulling FB Low
- o Latch-Off Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
- o Parallel Capability by Connecting SW Nodes Together
- o Internal Soft Start and Output Discharge
- o Optimized Light-Load Efficiency
- Available Fixed Output Options via Package Trim:
- Ch1: 0.9V, 1.1V, 2.5V, 2.85V
- Ch2: 0.9V, 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V
- One Load Switch
- o 3A with 20mΩ RDS(ON)
- o Soft Start and Output Discharge
- o Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Input Power Failure Indicator (PFL) with Adjustable Threshold and Delay
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in Ultra-Thin UTQFN-20 (2.5mmx3mm) Package
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Vin (min) (V)2.7
- Vin (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)3.5
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.085
- Regulated Outputs3
- fsw (max) (kHz)1500
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Down DC/DC Converter2
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Converter0
- Internal LDO0
- PackageUTQFN-20 (2.5x3.0)
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)2.5/3.5
- Special Features180° Phase-Shifted Operation, Adjustable PFL Threshold and Delay, Buck Output Discharge, Fixed Output, Fixed Output Voltage Options, Input Power Failure Indicator (PFL), Output Discharge, Parallel Capability for Buck, USB Output Discharge
- Common FeaturesDual Output, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good
High Efficiency Dual Buck and One Load Switch Power Management Unit EV Board
The EV5403-QB-02A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MP5403. The MP5403 is a monolithic power management unit containing two high efficiency step-down switching converters and a load switch. The two regulators supply current up to 3.5A and 2.5A separately and the load switch supplies up to 3A load current with extremely low RON resistance. With the input range up to 6V, the MP5403 is ideal for powering ASIC and SOC for Solid-State Drive or other compact power systems.
The MP5403 requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and is available in a small QFN20 (2.5mmx3mm) package.
$25.00 + tax