High-Efficiency, Single-Cell Alkaline, 1.3MHz Synchronous Step-up Converter with Output Disconnect
The MP6960 is a synchronous rectified controller for a high-efficiency flyback converter circuit. The controller has integrated voltage and current regulators for the secondary side of the converter, making it suitable for battery charging and as a secondary controller for switching regulator systems.
The MP6960 regulates the forward drop of an external switch to about 70mV and switches it off as soon as the voltage goes negative. It also has a light-load sleep mode to reduce the quiescent current to <300μA.
The MP6960 also compares the DC voltage and the current level at the output of a switching power supply to the voltage reference and current limitation, respectively. It provides feedback through an opto-coupler to the PWM controller IC at the primary side.
The MP6960 is available in an SOIC8 package.
- Over 90% Efficiency
- Output-to-Input Disconnect in Shutdown Mode
- Internal Synchronous Rectifier
- Output Voltage up to 4.0V without an External Schottky Diode
- Inrush Current Limiting and Internal Soft-Start
- Internal Compensation
- 1A Minimum Peak Current Limit
- 1.3MHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Zero Current Shutdown Mode
- Thermal Shutdown
- 6-Pin SOT-23 Package
- Vout (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (min) (V)0.95
- Vin (max) (V)2.5
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)1.3
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.2
- Regulated Outputs1
- fsw (max) (kHz)1300
- Vout (max) (V)4
- Vfb (V)1.225
- Special FeaturesEnable, Output Disconnect, Thermal Shutdown
- Down ModeNo
- Input/Output DisconnectYes