4V to 40V Input, Current Mode, Synchronous, Step-Down Controller
The MP2918 is a high-voltage, synchronous, step-down, switching controller that can directly step down voltages from up to 40V. The MP2918 uses PWM current control architecture with accurate cycle-by-cycle current limit and is capable of driving dual N-channel MOSFET switches.
Advanced Asynchronous Mode (AAM) enables non-synchronous operation to optimize light-load efficiency.
The operating frequency of the MP2918 can be programmed by an external resistor or synchronized to an external clock for noise-sensitive applications. Full protection features include precision output over-voltage protection (OVP), output over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP2918 is available in TSSOP20-EP and QFN-20 (3mmx4mm) packages.
- Wide 4V to 40V Operating Input Range
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- 0.8V Voltage Reference with ±1.5% Accuracy Over Temperature
- Low Dropout Operation: Maximum Duty Cycle at 99.5%
- Programmable Frequency Range: 100kHz -1000kHz
- External Sync Clock Range: 100kHz-1000kHz
- 180° Out-of-Phase SYNCO
- Programmable Soft Start
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Selectable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Hiccup Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Internal LDO with External Power Supply Option
- Programmable CCM, AAM Mode
- TSSOP20-EP and QFN-20 (3mmx4mm) Packages
- Special FeaturesFrequency Adjustable, Hiccup Current Limit
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Regulated Outputs1
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.75
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.8
- PackageQFN-20 (3x4), TSSOP20 EP
- Max Duty Cycle (%)1
- Vin (max) (V)40
- Vin (min) (V)4