2.8-22V VIN, 3A IOUT, 4-Switch, Integrated Buck-Boost Converter with FB Pin
The MP28167-A is a synchronous, 4-switch, integrated buck-boost converter capable of regulating the output voltage from a 2.8V to 22V wide input voltage range with high efficiency. The integrated output voltage scaling and adjustable output current limit functions meet the USB power delivery (PD) requirement.
The MP28167-A uses constant-on-time (COT) control in buck mode and constant-off-time control in boost mode, providing fast load transient response and smooth buck-boost mode transient. The MP28167-A provides auto PFM/PWM or forced PWM switching modes, programmable output constant current (CC) current limit, which supports flexible design for different applications.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), programmable soft start, and thermal shutdown.
The MP28167-A is available in a 16-pin QFN(3mmx3mm) package.
- Output Voltage Programmable Via FB Pin
- Wide 2.8V to 22V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Reference voltage range is 0.08-1.637V with 0.8mV Resolution through I2C(1) (Default 1V reference voltage)
- 3A Output Current or 4A Input Current
- Four Low RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- Adjustable Accurate CC Output Current Limit with Internal Sensing MOSFET via I2C
- 500kHz/750kHz Selectable Switching Frequency
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) with Hiccup
- Output Short-Circuit Protection(SCP) with Hiccup
- Over-Temperature Warning and Shutdown
- I2C Interface with ALT Pin
- One-Time Programmable (OTP) Non-Volatile Memory
- I2C Programmable Line Drop Compensation, PFM/PWM Mode, Soft Start, OCP, OVP, etc.
- EN Shutdown Discharge Programmable
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) Package
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- Isw (typ) (A)22
- Iq (typ) (mA)1
- Vin (max) (V)22
- Vin (min) (V)2.8