2.5A, 36V, Frequency Selectable Step-Down Converter with Single USB Charging Port
The MP2496M integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter and a single USB current-limit switch with charging port identification circuits. It achieves 2.5A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output of the USB switch is current limited. The MP2496M provides a USB dedicated charging port (DCP) which supports battery charging specification 1.2 (BC1.2), divider mode, and 1.2V/1.2V mode without the need of outside user interaction. The output voltage has programmable line-drop compensation.
Full protection features include hiccup current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP2496M requires a minimum number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- EMI Reduction Technique
- Wide 7V to 36V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Fixed 5V Output Voltage with Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB Output Current Limit
- 40mΩ/32mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 24mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal USB Power MOSFET
- 350kHz/250kHz/150kHz Frequency Selectable
- Programmable Line Drop Compensation
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Hiccup Current Limit
- Supports DCP Scheme for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, and DM
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Vin (min) (V)7
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iq (typ) (mA)1.6
- Regulated Outputs1
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)2.5