High-Performance Digital PFC+LLC Combo Controller
The HR1200 is a high-performance controller that integrates an advanced digital PFC controller and a half-bridge LLC resonant controller. It requires quite low input power at no load or ultra-light load, making it compliant with Energy using Product Directive (EuP) Lot 6 and Code of Conduct Version 5 Tier 2 specifications.
The PFC of the HR1200 employs a patented average current control scheme, which can operate both in continuous conduction mode (CCM) and discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) according to the instantaneous condition of the input voltage and output load. The IC exhibits excellent efficiency and high power factor (PF) at light load. In CCM, the HR1200 can be used in applications up to 500W with minimal board size limitations. The performance of the PFC can be optimized by programming multiple parameters through an I2C GUI. Programming can be completed either by the factory or by the customer referring to a detailed user guide.
The half-bridge LLC resonant converter achieves high efficiency with zero-voltage switching (ZVS). The HR1200 implements an adaptive dead-time adjustment (ADTA) function to guarantee ZVS in different load conditions. Additionally, the HR1200 can prevent the LLC converter from operating in capacitive mode, making it more robust and easier to design.
The HR1200 integrates a high-voltage (HV) current source internally for start-up. When the AC input is removed, the HV current source also functions as an X-cap discharger. Such features are helpful to reduce related devices, thus reduce power consumption at no load.
The HR1200 has multiple protection features including thermal shutdown (TSD), open-loop protection (OLP), over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), and brown-in/brown-out protection.
General System Features
- Meets EuP Lot 6 and COC Version 5 Tier 2 Specifications
- HV Current Source for Start-Up
- Smart X-Cap Discharger
- Standard I2C Interface
- 1k EEPROM to Store Parameters
- User-Friendly GUI for Digital PFC
- High Efficiency from Light Load to Full Load by CCM/DCM Multi-Mode Control
- High PF Due to Patented Input Capacitor Current Compensation
- Programmable Frequency Jittering
- Programmable Brown-In and Brown-Out
- Programmable Soft Start
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Open-Loop Protection
- 600V High-Side Gate Driver with Integrated Bootstrap Diode and High dv/dt Immunity
- Adaptive Dead-Time Adjustment of HB LLC with Minimum and Maximum Limit
- Burst Mode Switching
- Safe Start-Up in Case of System Fault
- Two-Level Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Latch Shutdown Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Capacitive Mode Protection
- TypePFC+LLC Controller
- LLC ControlAnalog
- PFC Control ModeDigital CCM/DCM
- TopologyPFC + LLC
- High-Voltage Start-UpYes
- PackageSOIC-28, TSSOP28
HR1200 Evaluation Kit High-Performance Digital PFC + LLC Combo Controller
The EVKT-1200 is an evaluation kit for the HR1200. A 240W evaluation board is designed with high
power factor (PF) at light load (>0.95 at 20% load). The particular benefits for the board are the very
low no-load power consumption (<150mW) and very high light-load efficiency (>90% at 10% load),
which meets Energy using Product Directive (EuP) Lot 6 and Code of Conduct Version 5 Tier 2. These
features are suitable to the application of PC, ATX power, notebook adapter, gaming and TV power
supply. With the programming dongle and GUI software, circuit configurations of the digital PFC part
can be easily customized which greatly increases design flexibility.
$300.00 + tax