Resonant half-bridge controller
The HR1000 is a controller designed specifically for the resonant half-bridge topology. It provides two drive-signal channels that output complementary signals at a 50% duty cycle. An internal fixed dead-time of 350ns between the two complementary gate signals guarantees zero-voltage switching during the transient and enables high-frequency operation.
The integrated bootstrap diode simplifies the external driving circuit for the high-side switch. It can withstand up to 600V with immunity against high dV/dt noise.
Modulating the switching frequency regulates the topology output voltage. A programmable oscillator can set both the maximum and minimum switching frequencies .
The IC starts up at the programmed maximum switching frequency and gradually slows until the control loop takes over to prevent excessive inrush current
The IC can be forced to enter a controlled burst-mode operation at light-load to minimize the power consumption and tighten output regulation.
Protections features—including latched shutdown, auto-recovery, brown-out protection, and over-temperature protection—improve converter design safety without engendering additional circuit complexity.
The IC provide 1.5A/2A source/sink capability for both high-side and low-side gate drivers.
The HR1000 is available in a SOIC-16 package.
- 50% Duty Cycle, Variable Frequency Control For Resonant Half-Bridge Converter
- 350ns Fixed Dead-Time
- 600V High-Side Gate Driver with Integrated Bootstrap Diode and High dV/dt Immunity
- 1.5A/2A Source/Sink Capability for Both High-Side and Low-Side Gate Drivers
- High-Accuracy Oscillator
- Operates at up to 600kHz
- Adjustable Maximum and Minimum Switching Frequency
- Two-Level Over-Current Protection: Frequency-Shift and Latched Shutdown with Programmable Duration Time
- Remote ON/OFF Control and Brown-Out Protection through the BO Pin
- Latched-Disable Input for Easy Protections Implementation
- Internal Thermal Shutdown
- Interfaces with PFC Controller
- Programmable Burst-Mode Operation at Light-Load
- Non-Linear Soft-Start for Monotonic Output Voltage Rise
- SO-16 package
- Vref (V)2
- Vin (min) (V)8.9
- Vin (max) (V)15.5
- Iop (mA)3
- Vhys (mV)999
- Iq (mA)1.5
- fsw (max) (kHz)600
- Vbr (V)618
- Vfb (V)2
- Isw Limit (A)999
- Typical Pmax (W)600
- Capacitive Mode ProtectionNo
- Adaptive Dead Time ControlNo
- High-Voltage Start-UpNo
- TypeResonant Controller
- Control MethodAnalog
- Power Range DefinedNo