High Efficiency Synchronous Rectification EV Board
The EV6902DS-00A is an evaluation board for the MP6902DS. It is configured to provide synchronous rectification solution for Flyback converters.
MP6902DS features a synchronous gate output which enables high efficiency rectification by relating the schottky rectifier with a low Ron MOSFET.
- Supports DCM and Quasi-Resonant Flyback converters
- Works with both Standard and Logic Level FETS
- Compatible with Energy Star, 1W Standby Requirements
- VDDRange From 8V to 24V
- Fast Turn-off Total Delay of 20ns
- Max 400kHz Switching Frequency
- <300μA Quiescent Current at Light Load Mode
- Supports High-side and Low-side Rectification
- Power Savings of Up to 1.5W in a Typical Notebook Adapter
- IC Supported 1MP6902
Fast Turn-off Intelligent Rectifier w/Light Load Management for Flyback
The MP6902 is a Low-Drop Diode Emulator IC for Flyback converters which combined with an external switch replaces Schottky rectification diodes for high efficiency. The chip regulates the forward drop of an external switch to about 70mV and switches it off as soon as the voltage becomes negative. MP6902 has a light-load sleep mode that reduces the quiescent current to <300uA.