The MP8763 is a fully-integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter. It offers a very compact solution to achieve a 12A output current over a wide input-supply range with excellent load and line regulation. The MP8763 operates at high efficiency over a wide output-current load range.
The MP8763 uses Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode to provide fast transient response and ease loop stabilization.
An external resistor programs the operating frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz. The frequency stays nearly constant as the input supply varies with the feed-forward compensation.
The default under voltage lockout threshold is 4.1V, but a resistor network on the enable pin can increase this threshold. The soft start pin controls the output voltage startup ramp. An open drain power good signal indicates that the output is within nominal voltage range.
It has full integrated protection features that include over-current protection, over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown.
The MP8763 is available in a 3mm×4mm QFN package, and requires a minimal number of readily-available components.
- 2.5V to 5V Operating Input Range with External 5V Bias
- 4.5V to 18V Operating Input Range with Internal Bias
- 12A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching-Loss-Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- 1.5% Reference Voltage Over Junction Temperature Range (−40°C to +125°C)
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz
- Non-Latch OCP, OVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.611V to 13V
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)12
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)15
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.611
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.86
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.611
- PackageQFN-13 (3x4), QFN-16 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency
High Efficiency, 12A, 18V Synchronous Step-down Converter Evaluation Board
The EV8763D-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MP8763DGL, a high efficiency monolithic synchronous step-down converter with output discharge function.
The EV board can deliver 12A continuous load current over a wide 8V to 18V operating input range. High efficiency can be achieved over a wide output current load range.
Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
This EV board can be turned on or shut down via a remote ON/OFF input that is referenced to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
$25.00 + tax