3-Phase BLDC Controller with a High-Accuracy Angular Sensor
The MP6570 is a high-performance motor controller that incorporates field-oriented control (FOC) algorithms, SVPWM modulation technology, and an accurate embedded angle sensor. The MP6570 is used for applications with three-phase PMSM and BLDC motors.
The operation of the MP6570 supports three modes, including speed mode, position mode, and torque mode. The reference command comes from either the digital interface or the pulse-width modulation (PWM)/clock input pin. A 10-bit ADC is employed for accurate sampling of each phase current. The three-phase voltage of the motor is modulated through an SVPWM module, which has up to 12-bit resolution at a 20kHz switching frequency.
A high-speed, high-accuracy magnetic angular sensor is embedded in the IC for rotor position and speed feedback. The position sensor has a data refresh rate up to 1MHz and up to 14-bit position resolution, ideal for BLDC and PMSM motor controls, especially in applications that require high speed or position accuracy.
Non-volatile memory (NVM) is employed in the MP6570 to store parameters programmed through the selectable I2C, SPI, or RS485 digital interface.
Application design is aided by the eMotion SystemTM Virtual Bench online developer tool.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), rotor-lock protection, and input bus over-voltage (OVP) and over-current protection (OCP).
The MP6570 is available in a QFN-32 (4mmx4mm) package.
- 3.3V Operating Supply Voltage
- Flexible Parameter Configuration with Non-Volatile Memory and Selectable SPI/I2C/RS485 Interface
- Embedded Accurate Angular Sensor with Up to 14-Bit Resolution
- Field-Oriented Control (FOC) Method
- Position/Speed/Torque Operation Modes
- PWM/Clock/Digital Interface Reference Input
- Energy Regeneration Braking Mode
- 10-Bit ADC with Programmble Gain
- Up to 80kHz Programmble Switching Frequency
- A/B/Z Output with Internal Sensor Mode
- Up to 32 Progarmmble Slave Addresses
- Selectable Oscillator Source:
- Internal On-Chip Oscillator
- External Passive Crystal Input
- Input Bus Over-Current (OCP) and Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Low-Power Standby Mode
- Locked Rotor Detection and Restart
- Programmable Over-Current Limit (OCL) Threshold
- Available in a QFN-32 (4mmx4mm) Package
- PackageQFN-32 (4x4)
- Vin (max) (V)3.6
- Vin (min) (V)3