42V, 3A Synchronous, Buck Mode LED Driver Evaluation Board
The EVQ7200-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MPQ7200-AEC1, a high-frequency, constant-current LED driver with integrated power MOSFETs. It offers a compact solution to achieve 3A of continuous output current, with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
Constant frequency hysteretic control mode provides fast transient response without loop compensation. In buck mode, the MPQ7200-AEC1’s switching frequency (up to 2.3MHz) reduces ripple current and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
The MPQ7200-AEC1 is available in a QFN-19 (3mmx4mm) wettable flank package and is AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified.
The EVQ7200-L-00A is a fully assembled and tested buck mode LED driver evaluation board. It generates an LED current up to 3A from a 6V to 42V input range.
- Wide 6V to 42V Operating Input Range
- Configurable 3A Maximum Continuous Output Current in Buck Mode
- 44mΩ/40mΩ Internal Power MOSFETs
- Default 2.3MHz Switching Frequency for Buck Mode with Spread Spectrum
- 100Hz to 2kHz Dimming Frequency for Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) Dimming
- 500Hz Internal 2-Step Dimming with Programmable Duty Cycle
- Fault Indication for LED Short, LED Open, Output Over-Voltage, and Thermal Shutdown
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with Latch-Off
- Programmable Thermal Derating via Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) Remote Temperature Sensing
- EMI Reduction Technique
- Available in a QFN-19 (3mmx4mm) Wettable Flank Package
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1
42V, 1.2A Buck-Boost or 3A Buck Synchronous LED Driver, AEC-Q100 Qualified
The MPQ7200 is a high-frequency, constant-current, buck-boost LED driver with integrated power MOSFETs. It offers a very compact solution to achieve up to 1.2A of continuous output current, with excellent load and line regulation across a wide input supply range. The MPQ7200 can also be configured for buck mode to provide up to 3A of constant load current.
Constant frequency hysteretic control provides extremely fast transient response without loop compensation. The switching frequency can be fixed up to 2.3MHz in buck mode to reduce the current ripple and improve EMI. It can also be configured to as low as 1.15MHz for optimized efficiency and thermal performance in buck-boost mode.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), output over-voltage protection (OVP) and under-voltage protection (UVP), thermal derating (TD), and thermal shutdown (TSD). The fault indicator outputs an active logic low signal if a fault condition occurs.
The MPQ7200 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard external components, and is available in a space-saving QFN-19 (3mmx4mm) package.