12V, 2A, Three-Phase Power Stage with Hall-Signal Inputs
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP6543 family of products are all three-phase brushless DC motor drivers. They integrate three half-bridges, consisting of six N-channel power MOSFETs, along with pre-drivers, gate drive power supplies, and current-sense amplifiers.
The MP6543 has ENABLE and PWM inputs for each ½-H-bridge. The MP6543A has separate high-side and low-side inputs, while the MP6543B has Hall-element inputs. Otherwise, they are similar. References to the MP6543 in this document apply to the other parts, unless otherwise noted.
The MP6543 is able to deliver up 2A continuously (depending on thermal and PCB conditions), with the adjustable over-current protection threshold. It uses an internal charge pump to generate the gate drive supply voltage for the high-side MOSFETs, and a trickle-charge circuit to maintain sufficient gate drive voltage to operate at 100% duty cycle.
Internal safety features include thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout (UVLO), and over-current protection (OCP).
The MP6543, MP6543A, and MP6543B are available in a 24-pin, 3mmx4mm QFN package with an exposed thermal pad.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 3V to 12V Operating Supply Voltage
- Three Integrated Half-Bridge Drivers
- 2A Continuous Output Current
- MOSFET On Resistance: 110mΩ per FET
- MP6543: ENBL & PWM Inputs
- MP6543A: LS & HS Inputs
- MP6543B: Hall-Signal Inputs
- Built-In 3.3V, 100mA LDO Regulator
- Internal Charge Pump Supports 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Automatic Synchronous Rectification
- Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO) and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with Adjustable Threshold
- Integrated Bidirectional Current-Sense Amplifiers
- Available in a QFN-24 (3mmx4mm)e
Active Part Numbers:
EV6543B-L-01A Evaluation Kit 3V to 12V, Three-Phase Brushless DC Motor Driver with Hall Inputs Evaluation Board
The EV6543B-L-01A is an evaluation board for the MP6543BGL, a three-phase brushless DC motor driver.
The EV6543B-L-01A operates from a supply voltage up to 12V. It integrates three half-bridges consisting of six N-channel power MOSFETs. The rotor position information is provided by the Hall sensors assembled in the motor. The driving control signals are generated by the external controller, such as an MCU or FPGA. The EV6543B-L-01A can deal with the Hall signals directly, so the external controller only needs to provide DIR and PWM signals to drive the motor.