5-20V USB PD 2-cell 6A Dual-phase NVDC Buck-Boost Charger with Integrated FETs and OTG
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2762A is a highly integrated buck or boost charger IC with narrow voltage DC (NVDC) power path management and USB On-the-Go (OTG) for battery packs with two cells in series. All power MOSFETs are integrated to provide a compact system solution size.
The IC can accept a wide range of input voltages for charging, with a maximum of 21V. The device has two operating modes during the charging process: boost charging mode when the input voltage is below 5.75V, and buck charging mode when the input voltage exceeds 8.5V.
With the I2C interface, the MP2762A can be flexibly configured to set the parameters in both charging mode and OTG mode. Parameters include the input current limit, input voltage limit, charging current, battery-full voltage, and safety charge timer. It can also provide the operation status through status and fault registers.
To guarantee safe operation, the IC limits the die temperature to a preset value of 120°C. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery OVP, system OVP, thermal shutdown, battery temperature protection, and a configured timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
To comply with IMVP8 specifications, the IC provides three analog output pins for system power (PSYS), input current (IAM), and battery current (IBM). It also has a processor hot indication pin (PROCHOT) for system power control.
The NVDC power path management regulates the system voltage within a narrow DC range to provide an optimized system bus voltage for the rails at the system bus. With this feature, the system can continue operating even when the battery is completely depleted or removed.
The MP2762A is available in a QFN-30 (4mmx5mm) package.
- Fully integrated NVDC power path with up to 6A charge current for a 2-cell battery
- Support for dual-phase operation to allow using 1.0mm height inductors
- I2C programmable for all charging parameters
- Compact BOM size with all power FETs integrated
- Input current and battery current monitor via IAM/IBM pin
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Up to 5V/3A USB OTG
- Compact QFN-30 (4mmx5mm) solution size
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Buck or Boost Charger for 2 Cells in Series Battery Pack
- Up to 28V (20ns) Sustainable Input Voltage
- Dual-Phase Interleaving in Buck Charge Mode
- Programmable Input Voltage Limit
- Up to 6A Programmable Input Current Limit
- Up to 6A Programmable Charge Current
- Programmable Battery-Full Voltage Up to 9V
- Support for 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V, and 20V USB PD Voltage Levels
- 600kHz, 800kHz, 1MHz Programmable Switching Frequency for Each Phase
- Input Power Source Status Indication Pin
- I2C Interface to Support Flexible Parameter Control
- Comprehensive Fault and Status Report Register
- Available in a QFN-30 (4mmx5mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
EVKT-MP2762A Evaluation Kit The EVKT-MP2762A is an evaluation kit for the MP2762A, which is 5-20V USB PD 2-cell 6A Dual-phase NVDC Buck-Boost Charger with Integrated FETs and OTG
The MP2723 is a 3A, I2C-controlled, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management and is suitable for portable applications such as tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces charge time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allows the device to be flexibly controlled.
The MP2723 supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host ports and wall adapters with fast charge capability. It supports USB on-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V with 1.5A.
Power path management regulates the system voltage slightly above the maximum voltage between the battery voltage and the I2C-programmable lowest voltage level (e.g. 3.6V). This allows the system to operate when the battery is completely depleted or removed. When the input source current or voltage limit is reached, power path management automatically reduces the charge current to meet the system power requirement’s priority. If the system current continues increasing even when the charge current reaches 0A, supplement mode allows the battery to power both the system and the input power supply at the same time.
6A Buck or Boost Charger with NVDCPower Management and USB OTG for 2 Cells in Series Batteries Evaluation Board
The MP276A is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2762A via the downloadable I2C GUI.
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.