2-cell 2A Boost Charger with NVDC Power Path and Integrated Cell Balancing
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2672A is a highly integrated, flexible switch-mode battery charger IC for Lithium-ion batteries with two cells in series. This makes it applicable for a wide range of portable applications.
When an input power supply is present, the MP2672A operates in boost mode to charge the battery with two cells in series. When charging is enabled, the MP2672A automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in three phases: pre-charge, constant current charge, and constant voltage charge. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge.
The device also has a narrow voltage DC (NVDC) power structure. With a deeply discharged battery, the MP2672A regulates the system output to a minimum voltage level. This powers the system instantly while simultaneously charging the battery via the battery FET.
The MP2672A provides a cell balance function. It can monitor the voltage across each cell, then equalize the cell’s voltages if the difference between the two cells exceeds the mismatch threshold.
The device has two configuration modes: standalone mode and host-control mode. In standalone mode, the charging parameters can be configured by hardware pins. In host-control mode, the charging parameters can be configured by the I2C registers.
Diverse and robust protections include a thermal regulation loop to decrease the charge current in case the junction temperature exceeds the thermal loop threshold and battery temperature protection that is compliant with JEITA standards. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery OVP, thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, a watchdog timer, and a configurable backup timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
The MP2672A is available in a QFN-18 (2mmx3mm) package.
- Highly Integrated without Sense Resistor, Cost-Effective Solution
- One-Time Programmable (OTP) Memory, I2C Programmable Charging Parameters
- Compatible with Host-Control and Standalone Operation
- NVDC Power Path Management
- Integrated Cell-Balancing Circuit for Cell Mismatch
- Ultra-Small QFN-18 (2mmx3mm) Package
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 4.0V to 5.75V Operating Input and 14V AMV.
- Up to 2A Programmable Charging Current
- Programmable Battery-Full Voltage from 8.2V to 8.9V with 0.5% Accuracy
- Programmable Input Voltage Limit
- Power Path Operation for Instant-On with Low Battery
- JEITA Compliant Battery Temperature Monitoring for Increased Charging Safety
- Integrated Cell-Balancing Circuit
- Robust Safety Features, including Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO) Protection, Battery Over-Voltage Protection (OVP), Watchdog Timer, and Thermal Regulation
Active Part Numbers:
EVKT-MP2672A Evaluation Kit The EVKT-MP2672A is an evaluation kit for the MP2672A, which can be controlled by the GUI to charge and discharge 2-cell batteries.
The EVKT-MP2672A is an evaluation kit for the MP2672A, which can be controlled by the GUI to charge and discharge 2-cell batteries. Its layout accommodates most commonly used components. The default function of this board is preset for host-control mode, and the battery regulation voltage is preset to 8.4V for 2-cell Li-ion batteries.
2-cell boost charger EV board with 2a Charge Current and NVDC (For NVDC Power Path Applications)
2-Cell boost charger with 2a Charge Current Evaluation Board (For non-Power Path Applications)
The MP2672A is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2672A via the downloadable I2C GUI.