3A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger with NVDC Power Path and USB OTG Evaluation Board
The EV2723-QC-00A is an evaluation board for the MP2723, a 3A, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management and is suitable for portable applications including tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface can control the charging and system settings.
The EV2723-QC-00A supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host ports and wall adapters with fast charging capabilities.
The EV2723-QC-00A supportsUSBOn-The-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V with 1.5A.
- 3.7V to 5V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High-Efficiency 3A, 1.35MHz Buck Charger
- D+/D- Detection for BC1.2
- Adjustable Minimum Input Voltage Regulation for Maximum Power Point TrackingUSB OTG with Adjustable 4.8V to 5.5V Output: Up to 1.5A Output with Selectable 1.35MHz Boost Converter
- Up to 9A Battery Discharge Current
- Integrated ADC for Monitoring Input Voltage, Input Current, Battery Voltage, Charge Current, System Voltage, and Battery Temperature
- NVDC Power Path Management
- Instant On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Full DISC Control to Support Shipping Mode and System Restart
- High Accuracy
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±5% Charge Current Regulation
- ±5% Input Current Regulation
- ±2% Output Regulation in Boost Mode
- Safety Features Include Configurable JEITA for Battery Temperature Protection, Battery Charging Safety Timer, Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown, Input/System Over-Voltage Protection, Battery Temperature Protection
- Charging Operation Indicator
The MP2723 is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2723 via the downloadable I2C GUI.
This I2C GUI allows you to program the MP2723. By using this I2C GUI, you can set the output voltage, PG delay enables, output current limit, and more. Please reference the user guides for installation and programming instructions.
Windows 7 or later
.Net Framework 4 or later
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 is included with product evaluation kits, or it can be purchased separately. EVKT-USBI2C-02 provides the communication interface for USB to I2C or USB to PMBus. It is designed to work with MPS I2C and PMBus products, and Virtual Bench Pro, and I2C GUI tools. USB driver will install automatically or download directly.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 kit includes:
- 1 USB to I2C communication device interface
- 1 USB cable
- 1 10-pin ribbon cable
- 1 3-pin ribbon cable
- Datasheet and driver files
$25.00 + tax
I2C-Controlled, 3A, Single-Cell USB/Adapter Charger with NVDC Power Path Management and USB OTG
The MP2723 is a 3A, I2C-controlled, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management, and is suitable for portable applications such as tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces charge time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allows the device to be flexibly controlled.
The MP2723 supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host ports and wall adapters with fast charge capability. It supports USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V with 1.5A.
Power path management regulates the system voltage slightly above the maximum voltage between the battery voltage and the I2C-programmable lowest voltage level (e.g. 3.6V). This allows the system to operate when the battery is completely depleted or removed. When the input source current or voltage limit is reached, power path management automatically reduces the charge current to meet the system power requirement’s priority. If the system current continues increasing even when the charge current reaches 0A, supplement mode allows the battery to power both the system and the input power supply at the same time.
$75.00 + tax