36V 3A Switching Charger with Integrated MOSFETs and Power Path Management for 1-6 Cell Batteries
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2759 is a highly integrated switching charger designed for applications with 1-cell to 6-cell series Li-ion or Li-polymer battery packs. The device supports several battery chemistry types with different battery regulation voltages.
The device operates from a maximum 36V DC input voltage and hold-off up to 45V. When an input power supply is present, the MP2759 charges the battery with four phases: trickle charge, pre-charge, constant current (CC) charge, and constant voltage (CV) charge.
The MP2759 offers input current limiting and a minimum input voltage limit function. If the input current reaches the input current limit, or the input voltage drops to the minimum input voltage limit, the MP2759 automatically reduces the charge current to limit the input power.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2759 includes robust protection features such as battery over-voltage protection, battery temperature sensing and protection, thermal shutdown, and a charging safety timer.
The MP2759 is available in a small QFN-19 (3mmx3mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Up to 36V Operating Input Voltage
- 45V Max Sustainable Voltage when Not Switching
- Up to 3A Charge Current
- 1 Cell to 6 Cells in Series with 3.6V, 4.0V, 4.1V, 4.15V, 4.2V, 4.35V, or 4.4V Battery Regulation Voltage for Each Cell
- Input Current Limit Regulation
- Input Minimum Voltage Regulation
- Support OR Selection Power Path Management
- 0.5% Battery Regulation Voltage Accuracy
- Integrated Reverse Blocking FET
- Internal Loop Compensation
- Charge Operation Indicator
- Input Status Indicator
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection
- Charging Safety Timer
- Battery Thermal Monitoring and Protection with JEITA Profile
- Available in a QFN-19 (3mmx3mm) Package
- Safety-Related Certification
- IEC 62368-1 CB Certification
Active Part Numbers:
EV2759-Q-01A Evaluation Kit 36V Switching Charger with Power Path Management for 1-Cell to 6-Cell Batteries Evaluation Board
The EV2759-Q-01A is an evaluation board for the MP2759, a highly integrated switching charger designed for portable devices with 1-cell to 6-cell series Li-ion or Li-polymer battery packs. It can achieve up to 3A of charge current, and supports a variety of battery chemistry types with different full battery voltages.
The MP2759 can operate from a maximum 36V DC input voltage. When an input power supply is present, the MP2759 charges the battery with four phases: trickle charge, pre-charge, constant current (CC) charge, or constant voltage (CV) charge.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2759 has robust protection functions, such as battery over-voltage protection (OVP), battery temperature sensing and protection, thermal shutdown, and a charging safety timer.