High Efficiency, 1A, 5.5V, 2.2 MHz Synchronous Step-down Switcher with Integrated Inductor
The MPM3811 is a monolithic step-down switch mode converter with built-in power MOSFETs and inductor. The DC-DC module has a small surface mount 2mm x 2mm QFN package. It achieves 1A continuous output current from a 2.3V to 5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The MPM3811 is ideal for a wide range of applications including high performance DSPs, wireless power, portable and mobile Devices, and other low-power systems. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V. Only input, output capacitors and FB resistors are needed to complete the design.
The Constant-On-time (COT) control scheme provides fast transient response, high efficiency at lightload and easy loop compensation.
The MPM3811 features fault protection functions including cyclebycycle current limit and thermal shutdown.
The MPM3811 requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and is available in an ultra-small QFN10 (2mmx2mmx1.6mm) package.
- Up to 91% Peak Efficiency
- Wide 2.3V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.6V
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- 1A Output Current
- 120mΩ and 80mΩ Internal PowerMOSFET.
- 2.2MHz Frequency
- EN for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
- 0.5ms Internal Soft-Start Time
- Output Discharge
- Short Circuit Protection with Hiccup Mode
- Thermal Shutdown
- Stable with Low ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in a QFN10 (2mmx2mmx1.6mm) Package