Arrives 3-4 business days.
Shipping only $5 per order.
View distributor pricing and availability
The MPM3840 is a monolithic step-down converter with built-in internal power MOSFETs and inductor. The DC-DC module is housed in a small surface QFN package which is sized 3mm width by 5mm length by 1.6mm height. It can provide 4A continuous output current from a 2.8V to 5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The MPM3840 is ideal for powering portable equipment that runs with a single cell Lithium-Ion (Li+) Battery. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V. Only input, output capacitors and FB resistors are needed to complete the design.
The Constant-On-time (COT) control scheme provides fast transient response high light-load efficiency and easy loop stabilization. Fault condition protection includes cycle-by-cycle current limit and thermal shutdown.
The MPM3840 requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and is available in an ultra-small QFN-20 (3mmx5mm) package.
- Above 80% Light Load Efficiency
- Low IQ: 40μA
- Wide 2.8V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.6V
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- 4A Output Current
- 25mΩ and 12mΩ Internal Power MOSFET
- 1.2MHz Frequency
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Available in a QFN-20 (3mmx5mmx1.6mm)
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
- 1.5ms Internal SS Time with Pre-Bias Startup
- Short Circuit Protection with Hiccup Mode
- Thermal Shutdown
- Stable with Low ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors