6V,3.5MHz, 1.2A Peak Synchronous Step-Down Switcher Evaluation Board
The EVM3810-QB-01A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MPM3810 a low voltage high switching frequency step-down switcher with built-in power MOSFETs and power inductor. MPM3810 provides up to 1.2A peak highly efficient output with constant-on-time control for fast loop response.
High power efficiency over a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency at light load to reduce the switching related loss by constant on time control. Short circuit and thermal shutdown provides reliable, fault-tolerant operation.
MPM3810 is available in QFN 3.0x2.5x0.9mm package.
- Wide 2.5V to 6V OperatingInputRange
- Fixed and Adjustable output from 0.6V
- 3mm x 2.5mm x 0.9mm QFN Package
- Total Solution Size 6mm x 3.8mm
- Up to1.2APeakOutput Current
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- Ultra Low IQ: 17μA
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Short Circuit Protection with Hiccup Mode
- Adjustable Output Only Needs 4 External Components - 2 Ceramic Capacitors and FB Divider Resistors
- Fixed Output Only Needs Input and Output Capacitors
6V Input, 1.2A Module Synchronous Step-down Converter with Integrated Inductor
The MPM3810 is a module with monolithic step-down switch mode converter with built-in internal power MOSFETs and inductor. It's designed to simplify power system design and provide ease of use. The DC-DC module has a small surface-mount 3mm x 2.5mm x 0.9mm QFN package. It achieves 1.2A Peak output current from a 2.5V to 6V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V. For adjustable output, only input, output capacitors and FB resistors are needed to complete the design. The Constant-On-time control scheme provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault condition protection includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown. The MPM3810 is ideal for a wide range of applications including high performance DSPs, FPGAs, PDAs, portable instruments and storage.