The MP4430 is a frequency-programmable (350kHz to 2.5MHz), synchronous, step-down, switching regulator with integrated, internal, high-side and low-side power MOSFETs. It provides up to 3.5A of highly efficient output current with current mode control for fast loop response.
The wide 3.3V to 36V input range accommodates a variety of step-down applications in automotive input environments and is ideal for battery-powered applications due to its extremely low quiescent current.
The MP4430 employs advanced asynchronous mode (AAM), which helps achieve high efficiency in light-load condition by scaling down the switching frequency to reduce switching and gate driving losses.
Standard features include soft start (SS), external clock synchronization, enable (EN) control, and a power good (PG) indicator. High-duty cycle and low dropout mode are provided for automotive cold-crank condition.
Over-current protection (OCP) with valley-current detection is employed to prevent the inductor current from running away. Hiccup mode reduces the average current in short circuit condition greatly. Thermal shutdown provides reliable and fault-tolerant operation.
The MP4430 is available in a QFN-16 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 3.3V to 36V Operating Input Range
- 3.5A Continuous Output Current
- 1μA Low Shutdown Mode Current
- 10μA Sleep Mode Quiescent Current
- Internal 90mΩ High-Side and 40mΩ Low-Side MOSFETs
- 350kHz to 2.5MHz Programmable Switching Frequency
- Fixed Output Options: 3.3V, 3.8V, 5V
- Synchronize to External Clock
- Selectable In-Phase or 180° Out-of-Phase
- Power Good (PG) Indicator
- Programmable Soft-Start (SS) Time
- 80ns Minimum On Time
- Selectable Forced CCM or AAM
- Low Dropout Mode
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with Valley-Current Detection and Hiccup
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)2500
- Vin (min) (V)3.3
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iout (max) (A)3.5
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.8
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.01
- PackageQFN-16 (3x4)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency